Engine & Gearbox clutch problem....help

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordEZJ, Sunday 3rd Mar, 2013.

1. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi peeps

Last night the clutch pedal started sqeeking really badly & then today its sticking when i press it down, I've greased it up & the squeak has gone and it feels normal, no more sticking so far...but is this signs the master cylinder is on its way out?

Thanks in advance

2. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Mine been doing this every now and again, I have just given it a squirt of wonder juice when it starts to play up and it has been fine

3. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is that sticking or squeeking?

4. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

*update
    Cars of to Holdcroft tomoro morning, spoke to Lee, should be all sorted by the end of the day!

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've had the same thing on my '03 Type-S, little squeaks but no sticking.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thats normal on the 7th Generation on the 5th revision of the CMC that issues was totally eliminated. All petrol Accord made after September 2006 won't have this issue.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Thanks CJ, rub it in my face that I didn't get a Facelift model :Wink: If I bite the bullet on an uprated clutch I'll get it sorted I guess.

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine not stuck but has at times been sticky.. Quick spray every now and again and been fine. Glad your getting sorted bud..

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    What do you spray and where ? The top of the clutch pedal ?

10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry had to charge the camera battery a bit, my issue started with a creak, then more of a notchy feel with the peddle a little grabbey this was eased/eliminated with a quick small squirt of WD first off however in the summer when it first happened I found this quickly wore off. I then got some light spray grease and sprayed a little on the rubber grommet type affair and partially depressed the peddle and held spraying a little through the aperture. Seems to work a treat as will go several 0000 miles before returns with a slight creak. Give it a short spray again and fine .

Pics show the clutch peddle and the bar. Right hand Pic is with the peddle slightly depressed.

clutch peddle 1. clutch peddle 2.

Last edited: Tuesday 5th Mar, 2013
  11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    WD40 is not good for the rubber seals on the clutch master cylinder, it will make them swell, you should not be spraying this on there.

12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No aware of that was just seeing if lube had any effect and at the time it was all I had to hand :Sorry:

13. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I used white grease, come in a spray can & i would spray it ontop of the clutch pedal where the rod goes in, found out about that on this forum somewhere, would stop the squeaking for a short while!

However had the master cylinder changed at Holdcroft, got to say I am impressed with the quick service, the squeak has gone and all is well so far, tho the clutch pedal did stick once as soon as i left Holdcroft but for the rest of the 60miles plus journey no problem so far so im putting that down to new part settling in...
    Hopefully this has sorted out this problem now..
    Thanks for all the replies peeps!

SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  14. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good news hope all is well for you now :Smile:

15. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Was out in rush hour traffic today and the clutch pedal started sticking again, only in 1st & 2nd gear, which was a nightmare in traffic lol
    Anyways rang Lee & got it booked in for monday...just got to get thru the weekend now,
    what i wanted to know was that, is it ok to drive the car like this as its normal once I've actually managed to go thru the first 2 gears?

16. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    What mileage on car AccordEZJ ?? I had similar problem a few weeks back and mine was down to wear on clutch pedal ie think mechanic said might need a pedal box ?
    He adjusted the pedal said that was the most he dare adjust to. All fine now and took 2mins.

17. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

136k & counting....whats a pedal box btw?

Last edited: Friday 8th Mar, 2013