Engine & Gearbox Clutch quality ?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by wahabishtiaq, Friday 6th May, 2016.

1. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Wahab Ish hemel hempstead
    Hi Wise people,
    Please see attached picture of clutch i bought from eBay, genuine honda CL7.
    the surface of the pressure plate seems to be very unusual as its is not smooth with circular flow of the disc. I have seen the LUK one which is very consistent and have no diagonal rough lines on the pressure plate.
    Also any ideas what to do with old clutch, can it be recycled?
    please share your wealthy knowledge...
    thanks

IMG_7039.JPG IMG_7040.JPG

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That looks like genuine counterfeits part where on earth did you buy that C!"P from?

3. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bought from eBay, it was packed in honda clutch box, and was stated as Honda new clutch

I thought what could go wrong, but i was wrong... being naive of what to expect from original clutch appearance...

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is fake as Michael Jackson fake white ! Paypal case refund NOW .
    The moral of the story is if too cheap its too good to be true, ring HH when you get the refund.

5. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks i have claimed the rerun and its in process via eBay.... the seller claims that he sold a genuine part however i have opened the case as time not listed.

The mechanic has already used LUK full kit and replaced the clutch so no issues with car so far.... touch wood!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The seller must be in consultation with Michael Jackson plastic surgeon, if they are genuine I will eat my skid mark shorts.

FirstHonda likes this.
  7. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

:lol: