Engine & Gearbox Clutch

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Mark11, Tuesday 15th Sep, 2015.

1. Mark11 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark chesterfield
    Im just wondering whats the average mileage of the diesels needing a new clutch. I know it all depends how you drive etc but im just wondering if mine has had one at 160,000. Its has FHSH but cannot find a receipt for a clutch. i have no problems with it i was just wondering thats all lol

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

As you say, it really does depend how she's been driven. I believe the general consensus is wait until it starts to slip.
    If it was changed to an aftermarket one, they do feel different, but otherwise I don't know how you could tell.

The more knowledgeable guys should be able to give you a better answer.

3. Mark11 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers, just wondered so i could get saving. biting point is just under half way, I've got no slipping at all

4. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've got 165k on mine bought at 136k, in the same boat you, no signs of slipping and no evidence that previous owner changed it.

I did have probs with the biting point moving up and down and the pedal getting stiff. It turned out the input shaft needed lube. the increased friction against the throwout bearing was causing the clutch fluid to boil and it stressed my clutch slave to breaking point.

5. Mark11 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

my biting point stays the same all the time and does not go stiff . i have heard about the shaft needing lube my friend said his was sticking

6. jimmy1973gb Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Northern Ireland jimmy1973 Ballymena
    Where is the input shaft located and is it easy to lube?

7. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

jimmy1973gb likes this.