Engine & Gearbox clutch

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by easyshare450, Sunday 18th Aug, 2013.

1. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

put car in to garage problem with clutch in traffic no feel in peddle some times stays down for a second then springs back thaey tell me dual mass flywheel needs renewing had the car less than three months so should not cost me as any body else had this thanks ken 2008 honda accord 2.2 idect 72000 miles

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    can't say Ken , it can be a simple clutch bleed which can resolve this ..this is not something heard off on the I-DTEC.

who has diagnosed this is the DMFW at fault? if it not a Honda workshop then you need a second opinion.

3. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

all i could do is take car back to garage they check t. it over and told me flywheel on clutch at first they said sticking thrust bearing or master cylinder booked in for repair on Tuesday SE what happens ?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    which garage is this looks like they in the guessing game! which in turn can get expensive for you if they are playing Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

5. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

they said could be bearing or master cylinder before they striped car when they did check car diagnosed faulty flywheel don't think they are guessing when they are paying the bill

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Fine if they are paying the bill let them experiment! just insist the work quality is good as a new parts can be useless if fitted incorrectly.

7. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

just update on dmfw had fly wheel and clutch changed. flywheel was the problem called in when car on ramps they showed me old one. drives like new now hope thats the last of my problems off to Scarborough next week so give it a good test been driving 13 plate Astra around( grim ) glad to have accord back lol