Standalone Projects CM1 Accord Tourer Major Service

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Ichiban, Monday 7th Jul, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This Accord is owned by our family joiner,he has done loads of jobs for us our kitchen and bathroom was fitted by him. So when he bought a Honda Tourer he called in for me to look at it, knowing I loved Accords and I will look after it.

Well I was shocked to see it in such a bad state of condition ..he bough the car with no warranty and as seen as for 1000.00. It had penta alloys wheel and front fogs fitted to a SE spec car so for that money a result. This is where the snatch of the century stops.

List of issues
    Tailgate won't work - Fixed
    Loss of power and engine jerking-Fixed
    Squeaky clutch pedal-Fixed
    All engine fluid stretched beyond serviceable life Engine , Transmission , Coolant Brake fluid in both CMC and BMC -Fixed
    All filters and petrol filter -Fixed
    Spark Plugs -never changed electrodes were hardly there.-Fixed
    Brake fluid flushed -Fixed
    Battery terminal loose and acidic corrosion on terminal and earth points-Fixed
    Squeeky Brakes-Fixed
    4 fused bulbs-Fixed
    Poor Fuel economy -- Need more investigation see o2 sensor bodge

Nearly all parts on this car were made blueprint :telloff:
    Flithy engine bay never ever been cleaned in 10 years
    photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG
    The EGR Plate and Throttle Body
    photo 4(3).JPG photo 5(2).JPG photo 1.JPG
    Bodged 02 sensor and some hacked wiring
    photo 5.JPG
    Battery terminal now has a lead cap to take up the clearance on the positive terminal and the earth\ground cleaned.
    photo 1(2).JPG photo 2(2).JPG photo 3(2).JPG

Engine bay after
    photo 4(1).JPG photo 4(2).JPG photo 5(1).JPG

8 hours and the car runs a lot better will review VTC actuator condition if we have another power loss. I had fun albeit a long day from start to finish with no break.

Poor CM1 engine bay splash guard was held with cable ties now its got the Honda friction clips, this car been at back street central garages and its been abused by poor technicians. 2000 miles the owner will be back for another oil flush and change to get the diesel oil out of that petrol

kev600rr and DeviateDefiant like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Forgot to add the front brake bleed nipple were 10mm bolts size with rust and wear they are now a 3/8 socket!! I was very ginger with them in fear to snap off.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Superb job mate, I'm sure she's on her way back to full health. Well, that's however close she can get to full health considering the neglect she's had all her life.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    She sure seen the wrong end of some nasty wrenches is that poor girl .. but with the money spend on the car to get her out of this rut and versus what he paid for it.. I doubt the car will get another chance or any more money spend on it to get it back to a proper standard. it needs discs and pads all round the callipers will seize soon , aircon condenser is busted.. bits and bats well you can get the picture. The 02 hack is most worrying they have hacked the main loom so a Honda sensor with connector just can't go on with plugs and play.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Considering the cost of an O2 sensor, god knows why it had to be hacked in, in the first place. I guess it's another case of a car which isn't worth putting anything into, so it'll be repaired at little cost for as long as possible.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Pass it through its MOT and flog the car! IIRC the genuine Honda wideband sensor is 180 plus VAT so bodging a sensor from another car will shut up the MIL. Now is that sensor working perfectly to Honda standard god knows? I need to run a life data snapshot to figure that out but ran out of time.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good job CJ :Thumbup: