Engine & Gearbox CMC Failure after 1 Year

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by K24 CL9 GUY, Saturday 18th Jul, 2015.

1. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Pulled off quick earlier racing a motorbike as you do and the clutch slipped. Got to the next set of lights put the clutch down and something went ting and clutch was flat to the floor :-/
    Have pushed it to my work as was just down the road from where it happened n with the bonnet open got my brother to pump the clutch and the master cylinder was pissing fluid.
    From closer inspection one of the bolts has snapped off and the other two are loose so fluid is seeping out the gap. The thread of the bolt that snapped is still inside so am going to attempt to remove it tomorrow, get another bolt the same then tighten them all up, top the fluid up and bleed it through. Hopefully this will solve it but thinking might need a new one, can anyone recommend where to get one? I know that the creaking is a common issue and apparently aftermarket ones like blueprint are better than genuine ones but clearly not if bolt snaps after only a year of use :-S
    Any suggestions peeps???

2. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Not sure about this but would it also need bleeding once sorted? I don't know if air can effect clutches?

4. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Yes defo will need bleeding mate not too difficult tho just hope I can get the remaining thread out and get another bolt the same size and holds the fluid once tighten them all up :-S got two car shows in the next few weeks and supposed to be getting my wheels redone on Monday so fingers crossed can sort it tomorrow :-/

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    So it's an aftermarket CMC and the bolt has snapped off ?

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    A lot of heavier more aggressive clutch set-ups can lead to premature CMC failure, the fact you're using a Blueprint one now makes me think you should definitely grab a genuine one.

7. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Yeah I'm running competition stage 2 clutch, flywheel but blueprint CMC and csc :-/

Bolt has clean snapped off @SpeedyGee :-(

8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    My blueprint CMC gave up the ghost after a year, I went for a Sachs one in the end, which from my research is an OEM one anyway. It has been absolutely perfect since then.

@Ichiban was correct, Blueprint is useless.

I got my Sachs from skscarparts.

9. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

OEM or aftermarket then? You think I will be able to repair the one I got with how I mentioned above?

10. Nighthawk Guest

I would always say to go OEM when you can and some items I would always go OEM for regardless of cost. Personally, I would go aftermarket as Sachs is OEM anyway from my research, so I saved around 50 quid without it coming in a Honda box. The Sachs one was identical to the OEM one, right down to the casting molds and part numbers.

I don't know if you can repair CMC's as they are mostly sealed units as far as I know.

11. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

12. Nighthawk Guest

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  13. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Will try, you have a guide for me also lol :Tongue:

Last edited: Sunday 19th Jul, 2015
  14. Nighthawk Guest