General cold Idle delay

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Monday 22nd Dec, 2014.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Not a major issue (I hope!LOL) when starting my 2.0 auto there's this sort of slight delay before the revs hit the cold idle speed, each time I start the car I'm on tenterhooks as to whether the revs will pick up or die, whereas my old 2.0 Civic I had, I'd turn the key and the cold idle revs would be there instantly, beginning to wonder if it's due to being an Auto and the loading of it so to speak, just curious to know if others find this.
    Cheers Pete

2. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    How long does it take before revs get normal (1, 3, 10 seconds...)? Do you see a change in this (was this better 1 year or 2 months ago....?).
    How about maintenance? Is valve clearance, spark plugs etc.... OK and all well maintained on time?
    The more we know, the better replies you'll get.

3. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Only a second or two, so nothing drastic yet! only had the car a couple of months and done it since I've had it, also been a very well maintained car and pretty and all barr two services has been done by Honda, mind you talking about spark plugs etc. probably gonna change these soon myself and fit the Iridium plugs I think along with a new air filter etc. thing is you never really know if the dealer has changed things unless you mark things up etc.
    Cheers Pete

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    If you are mechanically minded, it is always a good idea to fully service your car when you buy it - that way you know its been done recently and hopefully properly. Its one of the first things I do is a complete service - engine, brakes, suspension etc when I get a new car along with 4 new tyres.

5. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Fairly handy with a spanner and have spent many an hour over the years getting scraped knuckles etc.LOL have been meaning to do a service on it , but work commitments keep getting in the way of things, so hopefully over the holiday period and weather permitting I'll get chance to work on her.
    Cheers Pete

Nighthawk likes this.