Show Us Your Car Collected my new 2013 CR-V today

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by RichT, Saturday 12th Jan, 2013.

1. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

After test driving a CR-V and a Mazda CX-5, I decided at the end of December to go for the CR-V. I was amazed that the dealer managed to find the spec I wanted for delivery in early January. This was such a contrast to when I ordered my previous vehicle (6th Generation Golf) which I had to wait over 6 months for.

The CR-V is a diesel EX in Passion Red Pearl, so it's got lots of features that are going to take me some time to figure out, despite the dealer's best efforts to educate me :Smile: Firstly I need to find out how to save the current driver's seat settings. Then I would like to get it to recognise a USB memory stick so I can transfer some music to the HDD sat nav.

So far I'm really enjoying my new toy :Grin:

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Great choice Rich, congrats and welcome to the world of Honda.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

jealous.com

Sounds lush mate.

4. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lets have some Pics Rich T!

5. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Hey, really happy for you RichT, glad you are pleased with it. Not much not to like really, a great vehicle.

Oh and the colour sounds good too, pics please.

6. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the welcome guys :Smile:

This is my second Honda* as I had a 2005 Accord diesel exec before I got the Golf.

I think I have figured out why I couldn't get the USB memory stick to work. The first one I tried had 2 partitions on it and the car could only see the empty first partition. I just tried it with a memory stick that only has a single partition and the car can play the tracks on there fine.

I have also just paired it with my HTC Desire Z and it's all working phone-wise :Smile:

Hope to get some decent photos once the sun comes out.

(*if you don't count the CB250 I had 38 years ago).

7. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Glad you're pleased with it. I have had mine for about six weeks now and still haven't got to grips with all the bits and pieces. I have yet to learn how to keep the seat settings. It

It makes a very comfortable and relaxing drive. I'm amazed how quiet it is compared with my Tourer which wasn't noisy.

8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    It's indeed a very nice looking car, that 2013 CR-V. Didn't drove one yet, but hear only good news. I didn't buy a CR-V because the handling of a 'classic' (non SUV) saloon should be better and I don't really need the space. I did try out the previous CR-V (petrol 2.0 and diesel) and prefer Accord.
    I'm gonna try her out anyhow, I need to know how the 2013 behaves.

9. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here are a few photos I took today...

medium. medium. medium. medium.
    medium. medium. medium.

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Look really good and like that colour.
    Enjoy your new car:GoodJob:

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fantastic pics RichT :Thumbup:

Only issue I have with this new CR-V is the plastic trim around the lower edges of the car - just is very off putting to me. Sadly, I doubt Honda will colour-code these until a facelift CR-V is due in about 36 months time.

12. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Great looking car Rich, love the colour.

Only thing I am not sure about is the centre consul between the front seats, is this a detachable item or fixed ?

13. Islander Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Congratulations on your new car.

I picked up my new manual petrol 2 wheel drive SE the week before Christmas and am very happy indeed with it. I've still only done 200 miles (exactly, today) because of being away over Christmas and doing such low mileage on the Isle of Wight anyway. I'll probably do only 3k miles or so per year, having just taken (very!) early retirement and having no more business commuting to do nowadays. Yay!! :Smile: It joins my wife's Range Rover, for the real off-road stuff (she's a vet, often working around the local farms, so needs something a little more than even the 4WD CR-V could offer, especially this winter!).

My CR-V is the same colour as yours: I love the way the colour changes, in different lights, from almost an amber to full red. Clever!

I didn't add any extras except the CR-V mats... and they threw in a 3 years servicing pack for a "cash" deal too. I'm still very impressed with the spec that the SE offers and also love the smoothness of the engine and gearbox. It's my first Honda and first "popular family car" - type vehicle. It's clearly an excellent example of what fairly "sensible" money can buy these days!

I look forward to keeping in touch with other new CR-V owners here. I must also work out how to load some pics (although it'll just look a more simple version of the one shown in your excellent photos LOL!).

14. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    It is fixed.

15. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks really nice that mate :Smile:

16. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Great looking , motor , superb colour; well done on picking a Honda.
    Mike c

17. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks the part. Nice pics

18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Congrats Rich. Looking really good, love the colour :Smile:

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Congrats Rich the colour suits the car.