Engine & Gearbox colour of oil on dipstick

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by rhinogolf, Saturday 10th Nov, 2012.

1. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Im sure there's a simple answer to this but can some one tell me when i check oil on my 7th Generation the oil is black on the dipstick on my 8th Generation its a clear colour with maybe touch of brown?? Same oil used this week on services but 7th Generation always been black. Thinking of putting 8th Generation on as taxi soon as its a miles better car than 7th Generation in every way drive,comfort,smoother,got all the gadgets i could ever want,plus wife is always driving it. Just need to get code read on back parking sensor is there a reader i can buy for this as my mechanics does not work on the sensors.

2. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Rhinogolf,
    1) oil color. Possible explanations
    - the 7th Generation is driving much shorter trips
    - 7th Generation is a diesel, 8th Generation is petrol
    - 7th Generation engine is worn out more, so more blow by gasses come in contact with the oil
    2) there is no code reader existing for parking sensors, not even the original Honda HDS at dealerships. Parking sensors are an accessory (factory mounted or by dealer) and have no connection with the cars' can bus system, engine ECU,...

3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Another possibility

- the 7th Generation is having more fuel injected into it due to a remap causing more soot deposits in the oil

4. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    That was my thoughts but for as long as i can remember 7th Generation oil always been black i know 1 thing no one is touching the 8th Generation which is also diesel. As for rear parking sensor they must be some connection to the ECU, canbus system our how does it come up on dash board telling me fault with back ones

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Can't be that then.

I-DTEC must be a cleaner engine.

No issues yet either.

Maybe now is the time for some petrol defections...

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    You're right. Sorry. There's indeed a connection with can-bus system and DTC's are stored in the parking sensor ECU. There are in total 14 possible DTC's for parking system that can be read with the Honda HDS.
    I thought the Accord system was identic to Civic. Civic (2006-2011) has no connection with canbus.