Planning Coming to a Pub/City Near You

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by Malibu, Wednesday 27th Mar, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I know we are scattered here there & everywhere & of course all of us leading busy lives-but raising the topic again, I think it would be great to have regular meets - be that here, there & everywhere
    Therefore, to kick things off my suggestion would be to meet at your favourite or recommended watering hole ?
    Cj & I have already taken a trip to Northampton & had a great afternoon in the pub along with Primarycare !
    So lets get the ball rolling & send in your recommendations ....!!

2. teejay Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tony Northampton
    As a new member think it would be a great idea, put faces to names and strengthen the community.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Contentious subject that one! Its is one of the reasons why we didn't go down the route of knowing people here on a first name basis. The registration process strips that out on purpose however it does not stop people still registering with their real names.

Some people do like to have their identities anonymous for various reasons.In a world of facebook and social media a few would like to remain private. In essence your idea is a good one but it leads to other issues on a legal side.

Thats is why we would love members to come to our meets chill out and meet people in flesh and exchange names that is more sociable and the old school of meeting people..:Wink:

intruder likes this.
  4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Yep true. Although I did go to the wrong pub :Smile: Thoroughly recommend the company though :Grin:

5. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Re: Coming to a city & pub near you....

Hi Teejay- I am sure that it we will be down northampton way again fairly soon- hitting Kingsthorpe

- - - Updated - - -

That was completely my fault - but next time we are down it will be to stay for the weekend- woohooo

6. chris167 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hull
    Bridlington or Scarborough for fish and chips :OTT:

7. teejay Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tony Northampton
    Sorry guys about my previous thread, point taken and very true,apologize.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nothing to apologise buddy it a valid question and in an ideal world we should all be known on first name basis but reality is something else when you are running a forum . Next time we are in Northampton would send you a pm lets hook up over a drink.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Scarborough for me always have a laugh at Winking Willie fish and chip shop.

10. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes i love scarborough as well

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

To true I know a nice little chip shop near to Peasholm Park just a short drive from the sea front. Also there's the Highwayman Cafe just past York on the A64 were we could meet. Summers's coming lets look at this.

Ichiban likes this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Get some sea air and fish and chip and a meet can't go wrong .. Lets do it . My first gen has been taxed and insured hope we have a good summer as I want to put some miles on her.

I took the car out yesterday and she ran perfectly ,it has a small exhaust leak on the manifold joint not major issue.

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You`ll be passing my milage soon:Happy:

Okay I`ll look up some dates and pop up a Thread shortly.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Well your ATS is a glorified paper weight poor car. I am sure your car is lowest mileage ATS in the UK, so yeah my 36 year old car will still be higher than your paper weight.

15. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

ok but can we maybe get our other half/family as well this time - cj, your mini me would never forgive you if you went to Scarborough without her

16. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Certainly can all welcome. I'll not get there without my owner:Grin:

Malibu likes this.
  17. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Anymore for anymore?? Scarborough a great place - lets set a challenge for crazy golf ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.