Off-Topic Company Car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Sunday 17th May, 2015.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Had enough of used cars and although I always like to own my own car I've decided to get a company car. Still keeping my Accord though.

Needs to be under 160g/km, estate or suv, reasonable MPG and fast. Not bothered about reliability so much now.

Would like to stick with Honda but open to other makes. Any ideas? Looking up to about £43k (list + options)

Last edited: Sunday 17th May, 2015
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    1.6 I-DTEC EX Automatic CR-V with the high power diesel engine and auto box is a superb option.

Engine size, fuel type & transmissionOTRP11d priceCO2
    (g/km)
    BIK
    (%)
    Monthly tax liability
    (20% / 40%)
    Full economy
    (combined)
    VED band/
    UK road-tax
    1.6 i-DTEC Manual£32,470£32,28513324%£130 / £25955.4 mpgE £130
    1.6 i-DTEC Automatic£34,120£33,93513925%£142 / £28353.3 mpgE £130

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The Lexus RX 450h starts at about £44k. That would be at, or near, the top of my list, depending on whether you could stretch the budget or get a small discount (depends on how your scheme operates, if lease at full list then may be a non-starter).

A top spec Volvo XC60 would be worth a look too IMHO. When I was looking, I was wowed by the interior. Just lovely.

And, as @Ichiban says, the CR-V is also a contender if you wanted to spend a bit less but still have that Honda quality... :Grin:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would get the CR-V and get all the options up to the threshold. I did that my milk float, mine must be the most expensive milk float with all the options.

Duc de Pommfrit and Nels like this.
  5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Cheers I'll check these out.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Rolf:

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I thought I'd get a rough valuation of the CR-V from another main dealer, he said £5k! I almost grabbed him down the phone line lol

Same spec are selling for £8.5k+ private and even more at dealers (fair enough they have to provide a warranty) but that would be some mark up!

I hate selling private but looks like this is the only option. Not greedy and probably won't be looking for more than £8k which I think is not bad considering it has a brand new clutch and DMF plus clutch pedal box and CMC etc. Won't be selling until the turbo bearing is sorted also as I wouldn't do that to someone.

Basically anything that would be expected to be replaced at this point in time with the car will have been done and all by a main dealer so someone will be getting a good car. Going to miss it.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ Would be interesting to know what "We Buy Any Car" would offer. Even less than £5k I'd assume...:no:

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I checked with them and they offered around £6K and another same type website offered just under £7K. But I've heard about their tactics and how they apparently have "reduction" targets to meet, sometimes even 40%!!!

Just had another check online and the first same spec car is coming up at £8,695 although it has 4,000 miles less but this is national results. Cars in Scotland typically cost a little more and when I change the distance then the first one within 140 miles is £9,465 which has 5,000 miles less. I'm thinking £8K for mine would be quite reasonable. I paid £10K 8 months ago and I've put 10,000 miles on it so I can swallow a £2K loss but that other Honda dealer can go do one if they think I'd take 50% depreciation within 8 months on a seven year old car.

I don't reckon the work I've had done (plus I'd be leaving the hardwired dash cam in) will get me any more money but I would be hoping it will help it sell faster?

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Had a brief chat with Honda today when dropping my car off about business leasing so may test drive a few. Shame I can't get an Accord tourer.

I may end up with something else though as we are getting three at once and there's a deal to be had but it's not a honda.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds