ICE & HFT Compatible USB Flash Drives

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013)' started by RichT, Feb 2, 2013.

1. RichT

RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Berkshire
    Does anyone know of a list of USB Flash drives that are compatible with the Honda audio unit in 2013 CR-V?

So far the only one that has worked is an old Corsair "Flash Voyager" that I had lying around. You can still get these on Amazon, but according to the reviews quite a lot of them fail fairly quickly.

Today I tried an 8GB Kingston Data Traveler, but the unit said it was unsupported. I tried reformatting it on my PC, but the car unit still couldn't read it (MP3 files play back OK on the PC).

Ditto for an Integral 4GB flash drive.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  2. Racy Jace

Racy Jace Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

First Name:
    Jason
    Dudley, UK
    Hondas:
    I think I had this problem and it was because the new flash drive is partitioned with some recovery software. I did a quick google and headed for the manufacturers website and downloaded some software and removed the partition and it worked. It was a 32gb Transcend now £20 Happy days:Thumbup:
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    RichT likes this.
  3. richsprint

richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Gloucester
    CR-V handbook also details formatting and folder requirements etc.
  4. Racy Jace

First Name:
    Jason
    Dudley, UK
    Hondas:
    I think it needs to be FAT32 not NTFS when formatted. Just try either and see I guess.
  5. RichT

Berkshire
    I've been checking through my handbooks both for the car and for the nav system and couldn't find any real details about the formatting and folder requirements, just the following notes:

I found a utility called BOOTICE which claims to be able to remove extra partitions and used it to reformat the Kingston flash drive in the various formats that BOOTICE supports, but the CR-V still couldn't play tracks from any of them. This is a bit frustrating as my Golf would just play any flash drive without the need to reformat.

Jace - do you have the name or a link for the software you used to fix the Transend device?
  6. Racy Jace

First Name:
    Jason
    Dudley, UK
    Hondas:
    Hi Rich. I cant remember what it was called but I'm sure it was from Transcends website. I've just been trying to get it but I cant seem to load the page up for some reason.

Welcome to the Transcend Info Website

All you can do is search google on how to remove the partition

- - - Updated - - -

Try this
    http://www.transcend-info.com/Support/DLCenter/GlobalDownload.asp?Model=JetFlash%20620&Type=JF%20Format%20Tool&URL1=Software&URL2=JF_Format_Tool.zip

- - - Updated - - -

Im not sure if this helps

http://agnipulse.com/2011/08/remove-secure-drive-cdfs-partition-transcend-jetflash-usb-drive/
  7. RichT

Berkshire

I ordered one of the Transcend JetFlash 620s and it arrived today. The JF_Format_Tool didn't seem to find the drive, so I reformatted it using the BOOTICE program. I then copied some MP3s to it and tried it in the CR-V and it started playing the tracks with no trouble at all :Happy:

Thanks for the advice mate :Thumbup:
  8. Racy Jace

First Name:
    Jason
    Dudley, UK
    Hondas:
    No problem any time :Hey: