Engine & Gearbox Complete DIY Service, Catch-all

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by DeviateDefiant, Sunday 12th May, 2013.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    My car's running pretty damn sluggish at the moment, oil, filter, sparks etc. were all changed just under 3,000 miles ago. As some of you know, I know little about my car other than that it's been rebuilt after a major rear-end several years ago. When I first brought it, the oil that came out was the stuff of nightmares (and partially starved).

The car has not been looked after in the past.

Recently, I've lost a good deal of pick-up and my engine tone is pretty damn rough compared to before, occasional stuttered start too. Considering how little I know in regards to service history, what would you guys do? I want to get her as healthy as possible, things noted already are: clean out the throttle body and EGR plate.

Think I and CJ are going to have a day trying to get to the bottom of it all whenever I can get up to him, just want to know things to look out for.

Many thanks.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    We will sort it buddy it won't be that hard! get the HDS on it and do some data capturing to see what its doing!