Fuel Efficiency Complete noob

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by blakereuben, Saturday 4th May, 2013.

1. blakereuben Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys/gals im Blake, Im a complete noob to honda and forums. Just got my first honda an 99 accord 2.0i ls and love it but am surprised at MPG, (then just have read the thread of 6th Generation MPG). Not sure where to post this Q, i was wondering if i can move the ac unit on the dash to the lower tray under the clock and put in a double din unit, any one know if this is poss or has anyone done it many thanks Blake

2. blakereuben Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

double din?

Hi all, i got my first honda a week ago and I love it , 99 accord 2.0i ls, the thing is I want to get a double din unit in and was wondering if I could move the ac controls to the tray under the clock and fit one in the sat nav hole, does anyone know if this is poss many thanks blake pic

20130502_083007.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Re: double din?

Hi Blake, welcome to AOC.

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it :Smile:

Is that area a double DIN sized (180 x 100 mm) ?

It depends on how skilled you are as this would involve lots of hacking around.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, please don't make multiple threads for the same topic. I've merged your two threads.

4. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Blake

Yes you can move the climate controls to the lower dash, The Type-V 6th Generation already has this done to make way for the factory Sat Nav double din:Smile:

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    When i had my 6th Generation accord i wanted a permanent SatNav so i got a single one where the large screen automatically slides out and flips up. It can play dvds also along with cds and radio. Was great quality and great to watch movies when having to wait about. The face comes off for security also. Worth considering going down that route? I've still got it in storage if you want me to find out the make.

6. blakereuben Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your responses and arcticfire yes please what make is it and would you consider selling it?

7. accordboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

8. blakereuben Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wow great specs has anyone had any experience with one of these?

9. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know its the worst make ever, however I had a Ripspeed :Smile:Blushing: Can't believe I've just admitted that) DV720 and for what it cost me (£50) it was pretty good, DVD player, 7 inch flip out screen and pretty good sound quality

You can pick one up cheap as chips nowadays, just make sure the ribbon is ok and that it plays both DVDs and cd's ok