Engine & Gearbox Comptech Ice Box induction kit

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Chan, Saturday 5th Jan, 2013.

1. Chan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all, does anyone have this kit installed on their 2.4 Accord? I've heard it helps with low end torque, unlike most induction kits. Thanks.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have seen a couple of cars with them installed and TBH the stock one without the resonator box will do the same noise effect.

You don't gains in low end torque infact lose bottom end torque with the Comptech ICE Box, but there is a marginal increase in top end power.

The question you need to ask yourself are your modding for looks, noise or you want to mod for the sake of modding as you don't like stock. The money you spend in these mods you will never get the results you are looking for.

But the cool factor over practically has to be weighed up , don't get me wrong I don't want to come across anti mods but there are some mods which are best avoided. :Wink:

3. Chan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply.

It's more for sound and a more freer feel on the throttle.

I've owned a number of Honda's and modded some and not others. I've noticed from changing the stock airbox the throttle feels more responsive throughout the rev range.

Although, I think this might be to do with the DBW throttle, which isn't the best feel for the accelerator for me.

Have you seen any dyno tests etc for the Comptech?

4. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    What's the best option of inductions kits would be if to look getting a few more horses? Anybody knows, tried on Accords and can share experience?

5. Chan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not sure about this, although the cold air kits are supposed to be the best for gains. Although I'm worried about the risk of hydrolock hence why I have looked into the comptech. I'll let you know once I get it!

6. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cool! So you're purchasing it?

7. Chan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep, should do once I've sold my other car off to fund my upgrades!

8. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looking forward to it Chan.

9. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah me too, Chan.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Chan where are you buying it from? Marcus at Heel and Toe auto?

11. Chan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I was just going to buy it from Funky Power.

Should I ask Heel and Toe first?

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    FP is in the UK and H&T is in the US

FP no import duty when it comes to your address H&T yes as it comes from states.

do the price differential to see where you can save and who can promise faster delivery.

13. Chan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the above, although I already knew that I guess.

I didn't actually think it worth checking, but I guess there is no harm in asking I guess.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    if you have uncles and aunts in the states then it a no brainer bud. US wins all day everytime.

That how I do it.

15. Chan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the advice, I've contacted Marcus and it seems to be pretty cheap.

I'll have to pay some taxes though I assume as I don't have anyone in the states.

16. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If not a secret, how much is that cheap from US? Maybe I'll go for the same.