Computer whizz required

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by impne, Monday 12th Jan, 2015.

1. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm member of a golf society that has been going over 40 years, only small crew of 30 people.
    I'm looking to get the history of the club and events etc on the computer so people can interact, arrange fixtures etc.
    Now I know how to turn a computer on and that's it so my questions are as follows if anyone is able to be of assistance
    This needs to be a private club site so forum best option but are there any available free? Club runs like business but runs on very little funding by members so nothing available to purchase software.
    Are these straight forward to set up?
    Are they easy to maintain?
    Any help greatly appreciated

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You could try something like ProBoards it's free and the hosting is already taking care of.

This isn't really my area of expertise though, maybe @DeviateDefiant can offer better advice.

3. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers I'll take a look
    I know what a computer looks like but that's as far as my knowledge goes :Smile:

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Is there anybody else in the club that could help you ?

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I can set up and host a forum on free software like phpBB if you like. Make it invite only or password protected, and try meet whatever other requirements you have. The only issue I have is time, web development is my day job so I couldn't do it for free - but I can do it a small set budget to get the ball rolling for you.

Drop me a PM.

steve4536 and moob like this.