Pre-Facelift Model Condesation inside the front windscreen.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordCU2, Sunday 10th Nov, 2013.

1. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Got in the car this morning and saw this really bad condensation on the inside of the front windscreen.
    Never had this on any of my previous car or this one before so there must be something wrong.
    Water coming in somewhere or something else?
    Recently had windscreen trim done by Honda.Could they messed something up?
    It's really bad, whole windscreen is covered in it and took about 15 minutes to clean with heater on full.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've got the same thing on mine this winter, whereas it wasn't that bad at end of the last. Until the heater starts throwing out hot air after 10 minutes, it's possible to clear with the blowers, with a sponge/cloth it's hard to get the moisture off.
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

I am thinking i got leak somewhere but can't find it.
    Checked usual suspect like foot well carpets and they are bone dry.Very annoying because i never had this before so something is wrong somewhere and its bothering me.
  4. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Get this fairly bad myself - if you figure it out, let us know! :Smile:
  5. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

would it be worth checking the seals around the doors ?
  6. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks, will have a look today if this rain ever stop.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Mine does this too, but only in very specific weather conditions i.e. not too cold (above freezing c 4-5 degrees) and generally damp outside.

No doubt a coincidence, but European cars I have owned never did this, but a Hyundai and a Daihatsu (and now a Honda) all do. Weird...:Blink:
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've got a Ford Focus on my drive at the moment, that suffers a lot from this. My three Hondas on the same days don't have the issue at all.

Must be a logical explanation to it.
  9. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Exactly the same with my car: only in those specific conditions there's damp inside the windshield. But goes away very soon (less than one minute).
    But: I had this also with my Civic! And I never had this with previous cars (French). And there's only one difference: the Honda's have airconditioning. It might be related to a wet evaporator when parking the car?
  10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It could be seals, I've got a bad habit of grabbing the edge of the door to close it as walking away from the car and sometimes I can pull the door seal out slightly. Never happened on the Honda as I realised what I'd done straightaway but the new Mazda had condensation inside and I found the rear driver's side door seal pulled out slightly. I've pushed it back in and this morning there wasn't a drop inside :Smile:

Worth checking out.
    AccordCU2 and SpeedyGee like this.
  11. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    I noticed the exact same thing last night. However, mine was more of a single stream of drop that may have travelled from the rear view mirror down.