General Confirmed - No new Accord coming to Europe

Discussion in '9th Generation (2013)' started by demon-knight, Thursday 30th Oct, 2014.

1. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just been reading Auto Express and tucked away in the bottom right corner of the page was confirmation that there will be no new Accord for UK or Europe as they are going to concentrate on crossovers etc.

Its a sad day :-(

I will post a pic of the article later

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I forwarded the information onto AutoExpress (and several others) last week, I doubt we were credited though eh :Laughing:

Chunkylover53 and demon-knight like this.
  4. Animal Mother New Member Getting Started

The current Accord seems to be lacking a performance model. I think this has hurt sales in the UK.

John Dickson likes this.
  5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:Sobbing: Was this in the November Special @deamon-knight ?

I hate crossovers - "I know lets make a vehicle that combines the worst of both the car world and the 4x4 world but none of the advantages...." :Foolish::brickwall::Nuts:

6. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep its in the news section in the november special.

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers mate. Just found it, ironically on the adjacent page to an article about the Mazda 6 success....

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The SG would have a fit if they saw that they will send the boys around.
    Just add we all know Mazda ships their cars to Europe using Monopoly yen unlike Honda who moan about their precious yen.

John Dickson likes this.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Honda's Yen is a different Yen to Mazda's....... :boss:

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Been watching NHK world the Bank of Japan has devalued the yen to curb inflation .Honda Japan have reacted in a press release sighting Japan will start exporting higher number of cars. 4th Generation Jazz and HR-V from Japan will make me happy.

John Dickson likes this.
  11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Accords?

John Dickson likes this.
  12. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The renaissance is imminent.... :fingerscrossed:

Nels likes this.
  13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Ditto! :fingerscrossed:

John Dickson likes this.
  14. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry to p!ss on your bonfires but;

Honda axes Accord in Europe

Oh well; at least instead of buying an ugly, unreliable German PoS, from next year you'll be able to buy a beautiful, advanced, unreliable British PoS in the form of the XE.

15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yet there is still no official work on Honda UK Newsroom.... :Unknown:

HONDA UK Media Newsroom
    - - - Updated - - -
    My question is this. We lost the Galant. The Primera, The Lancer, The Camry, The Maxima QX. The Mazda Xedos. The Legend.

Therefore there would be numbers of buyers displaced which Honda should've easily scooped up for the Accord. I can't imagine many of the drivers of those models would go running to the Germans....

Well HUK and Vertu you now have a major problem. What have you now got to sell me next time? :pickingnose::Whistle:

16. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well this is going to hit Honda really hard where it hurts most!

Every internet Honda or Accord page, group whatever I visit is outraged by this. Even people who have never owned a Honda, never mind Accord, and may never own one are surprised at this.

Come on Honda, pull your thumb out and sort this out.

They need every model on sale they can get judging by current sales figures! Civics, CR-Vs are hardly setting the sales charts alight and examples of those who do want to order one getting p***** around by their dealer, HUK and lease company if one is involved, aint exactly helping!

Sort the lead times out. By all means build to order but no way in all creation does it take 5-6 months to get here from Japan.

17. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    So now official: Honda axes Accord in Europe

What silly reasons. How come Mazda are still selling D segment saloon? and they are much smaller than Honda, then theres the Koreans with the Optima and i40. Sure they are not mass volume selling models, but there is still a market there. The Mazda is even made in Japan so no excuses with importing and currency.

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  19. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Already knew it was discontinued just posting a news article with an official announcement from HUK, whereas it was just leaked info before.

20. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Already knew it was discontinued just posting a news article with an official announcement from HUK, whereas it was just leaked info before.