Prelude Contact for Carpeting ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RogerH69, Wednesday 24th Feb, 2016.

1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I've decided that as the rear seats in the Prelude are pretty much useless, I'm gonna take them out, as well as the rear seat belts (if they exist....) and then put some carpeting in their place, just to make it look tidy.

Would anyone know of someone I could contact to get this carpeting done, or where I could buy some carpeting that's ok the for job, and then I'll attempt cutting it and applying it myself ?

2. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Why not go to a vehicle upholsterer ? You can choose type colour and get it fitted professionally.
    Best also to check with your insurers, you know what there like if the worst happens.

RogerH69 likes this.
  3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Yeah thats what I meant - could someone recommend an upholsterer :Smile:

CBA about insurance, as I only have third party insurance on the Prelude, and as I'm modifying her, I CBA with the crap insurance gives you over that.

4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I used a bloke in welling when I was in the trade to repair fag burns in seats, carpets etc. If you took seats out to save labour its not as expensive as it sounds - - also you won't glue yourself to the floor !
    - - - Updated - - -
    I've heard this on here before but I didn't think third party was used anymore .when I ever asked I was told its no cheaper than comp.

RogerH69 likes this.
  5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

For me it is a little cheaper (I compared prices). Sometimes comp is cheaper. Depends on driver, history and car

6. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Mines up in march, not been sent a price renewal yet. Have to make sure they don't hike it up then try and take the money automatically which is what some robin b States did last year !
    Then they tried to make me pay £150 for cancellation charges although I never paid or took out a policy ! !

7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    RogerH69 likes this.
  8. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I was thinking the same. Also, I might not use glue, but may use heavy duty velcro to stick the carpet down. This way, if I wanna get picky about weight on the track, I can easily remove it. Should also allow me to maybe put some sound proofing under the carpet (just the foam, not the heavy sound deadening). I would stick the sound proofing foam on the bottom of the carpetting, meaning it could be removed with the carpet.

legend-ary and exec like this.
  9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Sounds like you already have a good plan, I like the velcro idea., a 3-5mm carpet won't weight much either, and should cost less than £20.

RogerH69 likes this.