Reviews Continental Sport Contact 5 225/50/17"

Discussion in 'Member's Reviews' started by Smokingman, Monday 10th Oct, 2016.

1. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Hi.

Had two of these fitted to the rear about nine months ago, waiting until the fronts required replacement which was Friday. All I can say is what a difference compared to the budget that were removed. Over some 300 miles on mainly dual carriage way the steering feels more precise, the ride is firmer and a general more sure footed feel going into bends but the best bit the transition from dry to flooded road due to heavy rain the car did not flinch-it felt as sure footed as in the dry. Cost £230 from black circles.

John

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I don't have a lot of good thinks to say about the Conti tyres full stop however the OEM tyres on the FK2 CTR made me want to kiss them they are proper Velcro tyres but cost £££ and won't last 3K miles. They were the best OEM tyre I have seen on any car.

Hope they live up to your expectation as the rest of line is utter ubber crap.

3. tsentr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cyprus George Nicosia
    Hi Ichiban. I have a issue with noise of one tyre. On my cu1,
    Advisory Notices
    • Nearside rear tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.e.1) this is on mot in U.K. Show.
    77A17CB3-C42C-4AA1-AA98-E619E08E0F78.JPG

Attached Files:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Check the thread on the edge with the a tyre gauge.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Tread on the edge doesn't matter it's the centre 3/4 of tyre width that needs to be a minimum or 1.6mm

Screenshot 2016-10-20 21.09.27.
    Screenshot 2016-10-20 21.09.42.

6. tsentr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cyprus George Nicosia
    Ok, but what I have to do? To change on front or replace the tyre with new one? Thank you

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    With winter on the horizon I would change both rears for new ones. Go for the same ones you put on the front and you'll have a matching set all the way round.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any updates on this buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. tsentr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cyprus George Nicosia
    Hi Ichiban. I just make an MOT in Cyprus, and it's ok all. In honda they tell me maybe it's rear suspensions it's broke, but in MOT show me 62% back suspensions. And front 72%. So I just have to replace the tyre,and will see in future.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Suspension is broke? in what sense?

11. tsentr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cyprus George Nicosia
    Really I don't know. But the interesting with the tyre it's worn from inside place. Maybe defective tyre

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If the tyre worn inside it could be negative camber or the toe is out of adjustment. Do you have a good 4 wheel alignment place in Cyprus?