Tools Cool looking tool for rounded bolts

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by jd1959, Tuesday 26th Jan, 2016.

1. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    GO2 SOCKET | OFFICIAL WEB SITE
    I ran across this while browsing for assorted bits and bobs and thought I put it up to see what people think. I've tried and broken those any bolt shape sockets with the pins in them they just don't seem to have the ability to handle torque, but this looks the job and am tempted to get one for the next time I'm stuck working on something that has already been rounded by someone with heavy hands and a vice-grip.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think there's a good chance you could snap off the head of the bolt that your are trying to remove as the force won't be applied centrally onto the bolt but more off centre, if you catch my drift.

jimjams and Ichiban like this.
  3. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    nice pun :Laughing:

4. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    At the moment I do tend to use a cold chisel but there are the times you just can't get a good swing of the hammer at the %$&* thing your trying to get out. Good point though about it being off center.

jimjams likes this.
  5. Busa1340r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yate
    I would say that that looks a bit bulky.

You know that the rounded bolt you want to remove will be in the deepest darkest recess (of your car) imaginable, tight up against something else with no room for chisel, vice grips or anything else helpful.