ICE & HFT Correct aerial adaptor

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by MancDavo, Monday 27th Apr, 2015.

1. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    Hi - recently decided to swap out the hideous sat nav system that came with my CR-V. It was the Clarion one (solid state?).

Halfords have struggled to find an aerial adaptor - the guy who fitted the stereo had never seen the aerial lead fitting like this. I've read somewhere on the internet that the clarion unit was a Russian unit that had been adapted. Perhaps this is the problem?

Anyway, I'm into week 2 with a great new sat nav but no radio. Halfords are even starting to make noises about providing s full refund. I really don't want to go down that route so any advice anybody can offer would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
  4. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
  5. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    Hi, no it's not either of those. I will go back to Halfrauds tomorrow and suggest the cut and splice idea - if they're not prepared to do it I'm sure there's a really well respected audio fitters in Manchester that will probably help quite frustrated with this - forked out for a pioneer unit that supports Apple CarPlay. Unfortunately the CarPlay side of things is quite glitchy. Looks good though!

6. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Definitely try somewhere else if you want the unit, my experience with Halfords is that if it isn't had in store they don't want or aren't allowed to do it. There is a way around the problem it's finding the right person to sort it. Happy hunting.

7. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    Tried somewhere else and surprise surprise, it was sorted within 5 minutes. Really goes to show what a bunch of idiots the halfords fitters are. I now wonder if they were given any training at all. The lack of knowledge and bigger lack of customer service (I had to do all the chasing up despite spending the best part of £500 with them) means that I will never spend a penny with them in the future, which is a shame as I'm in the market for a new bike!

8. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    Someone like myself worked have reached for the soldering iron when fitting the unit.

But I believe that unless it is plug n play Halford employees are not authorised to fit stuff.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @MancDavo would you be kind enough to share what was used so others can learn from this?