Suspension, Steering and Brakes Cost for disks and pads all round?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Soapyw, Wednesday 4th Sep, 2013.

1. Soapyw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As per the title of the thread really, how much would people think for disks and pads all round on an 09 2.2 diesel? Mine were all low last service a couple of thousand miles ago so I'm dreading taking it in to be honest! My usual (none honda) garage said around 700, seems a little steep?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Time for HH to give some killer deals, like they have in the past. Keep your eyes peeled open mate.

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

£700 way too steep mate, I just paid £170 for ADL Blueprint Discs and Pads front and rear for my 7th Generation 2.2 diesel tourer granted I fitted them myself but even at a garage I would of thought £400 max non genuine.

Have a quick look here.....

Repairs | Servicing and repairs | Honda Owners | Cars | Honda (UK)

I would say thats £540 all in at any Honda Dealer and all work 12months warranty!

AccordCU2 likes this.
  4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Genuine front discs and pads on a 7th Generation 2.2 is £150 + fitting. Even if the rears cost the same you'd be looking at around £500 all in including fitting, so £700 is steep.

I can't see the materials costing much more on an 09 plate.

Buy the parts from HH and fit them yourself. It won't cost £300. And if you're feeling really generous you could do a DIY write up as well. :Thumbup:

5. Soapyw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers guys. No time to do the job myself I'm afraid! Annoyed now at my local garage though (burnt too many times at main dealers to return). Good reliable blokes but a couple of jobs have come in over the odds. Looks like I need to find a new garage now :Frown:

6. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    On Honda Happiness schedule it is £270 for the front and the same for the back ones. Pretty expensive (to me at least) but still a lot less than £700.

Repairs | Servicing and repairs | Honda Owners | Cars | Honda (UK)

7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is Barnsley too far to travel? Pm me if not I can give you the number of someone who has his own small garage does all my g/f's dads work he's a very good mechanic.

8. DiagTech Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

for budget discs and pads I don't think you'd be looking at more than 300 to be honest maybe less! Honda dealers are fixed price so around £540 for genuine.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last time it was 100 quid I pads and disc for me and I fitted them .. Why don't you try it yourself provided you have confidence.

Fazorboy likes this.
  10. DiagTech Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

can't believe garage would charge 700! clutch replacement is cheaper!