Service & Maintenance Cost of door lock actuators!

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Nottstourer, Saturday 7th Jun, 2014.

1. Nottstourer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello All
    I was quoted £388.00 (fitted) by my local dealer for a replacement in one of the rear doors of my 58 plate tourer a few months ago, due to the cost I left it but now the another one has failed, again in the rear. I have a full service history and don't like independents touching my car if I can help it.
    That said there's no way I can pay the dealer price to get this fixed, a mate who runs an independent said he can buy the genuine actuators for £279.00!
    My question is does anyone know of a reputable supplier of non genuine replacements (not sure this is possible though!) My mate can then fit with cheap labour costs.

I've got the dreaded rusty sunroof and also need new tyres so my wallet may be looking bare in the coming weeks/months, any advice from the wonderful people on here would be most appreciated.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Could you get them any cheaper from a breakers?

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    If I were you I would try and source the actuators second hand.

As for the rusty sunroof, there's a few threads on here, have a read through them.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. Nottstourer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've been asked to pay £600 (after Honda UK contribution) for a replacement sunroof so I'm having that done first. Then new tyres and finally I'll look at the actuator problem. I wouldn't know where to start looking for a good breaker, wonder if any specialize in Honda's? Price from the dealer has come down to £367.00 per door but still a lot of cash just for the pleasure of a lock working. I search around and see what I can find.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    so what is the total bill and what is HUK remit towards the repairs?