Dealers/Garages Cost to re spray each panel

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by Filipa, Sunday 27th Mar, 2016.

1. Filipa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Filipa Wrexham
    Hi all,

Maybe is a stupid question, and maybe is not in a right place (sorry for that if is :Ermm:true)

I'd like to know if in here does someone know how much it costs to re-spray each panel in a car?

Like, rear panel, a bumper or even a wing
    I am in North of Wales, I don't know if will be different in other parts of UK.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!!:drinking:

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Just to give you an idea A garage local to me in London charges £80 per panel but at that price many will run away for it being too cheap but I have seen his work and he is good for regular projects. . I have heard figures around £120 as being normal.

Filipa likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Paintings a panel is false economy in my personal opinion as paint fades a fresh coat of paint on any panel will stick out like a sore thumb. Painting of panels has always got been seen as what other panels\pieces around it will need painting or blending in so the car does not have different shade of colour.

All good painters will be reluctant to just paint one panel they know you as the customer will say that does not even look remotely close to the others panels :Search:, then starts the old chestnut of cost versus what is actually feasible.

Now there are people who think paint is paint anything will do and they are not bothered as long as it looks shiny , but is know all car enthusiasts will not accept it.

Filipa likes this.
  4. Filipa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Filipa Wrexham
    Thank you!

Ichiban I know what you mean, about the need of touch the other panels to do not be visible as just one has been painted :Wink:
    I was just curious how much was the cost in here UK and I was debating with a friend because none of us knew how much money I will save doing my body and paint work by myself :Smile:

5. urbancncboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Copied from KDS detailing website, had my new bonnet sprayed by their paint man. I wanted the best job i could obtain. Paid £500 which i was quoted by another 3 places local here in Norwich, so was happy. Each trip being 140 miles, but i knew their work was exceptional and they are proper cars guys with passion.

Mirror cap:
    from £50

Complete mirror: from £90
    Brake callipers/hubs hand painted:from £40 per corner
    Brake callipers/hubs spray painted:
    from £100 per corner
    Colour coding of body plastics:
    from £195
    Body panel (excl. bumpers):
    from £245
    Bumpers: from £295
    Full respray (original colour):
    from £2995
    Full respray (colour change):
    from £4995
    Full respray (bare metal restoration):
    from £6995

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My full respray bare metal restoration for my first gen is not far from that ££££££

7. urbancncboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, most people are like 'How Much' but a proper job is just that. And your first Gen just deserves the best you have given her/him.

How is your ATS front brake upgrade behaving? i am thinking of doing this soon.

Regards

8. Filipa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Filipa Wrexham
    Thank you for taking your time to give me some lights :Smile:

9. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    Here in Milton Keynes the guy I use charges £260 a panel.
    But then he doesn't use filler, he's a proper metal man.

Filipa likes this.