General Could be the best car I have owned

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by chunkymonkey, Tuesday 8th Sep, 2015.

1. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Lincs
    Having just got back from a weeks holiday in Northumberland (beautiful part of the world) my CR-V has grown on me even more. With the rear seats slid all the way forward and still up, I managed to pack a large suitcase, 2 mountain bikes plus 2 pairs of wheels, 2 camel backs for use whilst riding said mountain bikes, 2 decent size back packs for walking, 2 medium size plastic boxes full of stuff (don't ask Mrs chunky said we would need it) and to top all that walking boots, shoes for the week and jackets plus we still had plenty of space for other bits of Mrs chunkys stuff. We averaged an amazing 49.4 (on board computer) on the way up and overall covered just over 900 miles for the whole trip and averaged 46.6 again on the computer, filled it up and worked out it was actually 46.1 from the fuel that was put in for the total trip.

Not only is it comfortable and pretty luxurious it seems its very very practical to boot! If anyone is thinking about getting a comfortable practical truck then I would recommend one anyday. Thats the good news the not so good was that I had to have the clutch and flywheel done a week before we went, still not all bad the dealers (Vertu in Lincoln) did this on a price match and it came in at a respectable 900 quid including the dreaded vat.

John Dickson and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Nothing better than a drive around Northumberland.

John Dickson likes this.
  3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Aye the 3rd Generation CR-V boot is very impressive, something I miss!

4. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just a pity Honda didnt fit magic seats that would have made the load space very versatile

5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It is God's own county :Smile:

(Not that I'm biased ;-) )

6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Come to South Shropshire next time. It doesn't have a coastline, but it is beautiful and the locals are easier to understand.

Nels and John Dickson like this.
  7. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

excuse my ignorance chunky, but why did you have to have the fly wheel seeing to?

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I have no problem in agreeing with this :Grin:

John Dickson likes this.
  9. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Always like to hear owner experiences. I like the CR-V.

As my kids get older I sometimes think we could do with a bigger car. Sounds like the CR-V would be a good option.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The diesels use a Dual Mass Flywheel, when changing the clutch, this DMF is measured and if the play is beyond the specified limits of movement, a new DMF is deemed necessary .

An example of what a DMF looks like on inside :-
    $_35.JPG

steve4536 likes this.
  11. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thats right speedy my DMF was shot so it was changed too

12. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

OK thanks speedy.