Dealers/Garages Courtesy car from Honda ... is insurance fee normal?

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by bijomaru, Friday 28th Nov, 2014.

1. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Thinking of putting my car in for full diagnostics in Swindon Fish Brothers Honda.

Have some knocking in suspension, so want to find out what needs doing. Also want to see how my clutch and flywheel is doing after 220k ... I feel like it some sort of reality bug to have it still going (I know they won't be able to inspect it physically, but it's on the health check list so hopefully I'll learn something). Also VSA is on so want to know what it is.

Is the surcharge for insurance on courtesy car a normal thing? It's not much, a tenner, but just wondering if that's to be expected.

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I think they call it admin fee!

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Sometimes your own insurer will cover you within your existing policy. You will need to prove this to the dealer though before they give you the keys.

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Aye I have to pay £12 a day for a courtesy car from Honda when the CR-V goes in for warranty work as my car is on the fleet insurance so would be a pain to stick it on, update the MID etc.

5. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I didn't have to pay anything but the excess was a grand! Hence they dropped me off and picked me back up I wasn't going to risk it!

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    They can waiver it if they choose to do so. When I got my manifold changed under warranty, I convinced them to give me a courtesy car for the day as it was "the least they could do to" as I said to them. Didnt pay a penny for it.

7. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Well I'm just going for a full diagnostics and health check so they will want the insurance. I guess it's ok as I doubt my insurance covers it if it's not repair, etc.

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I got a free courtesy car when mine was in for service today. It's covered under the 5 Years care package apparently (5 years warranty, 5 years servicing (or 60,000miles) and 5 years Honda Assistance)