General Courtesy Cars during service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeM-271048, Wednesday 9th Mar, 2016.

1. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Just put our CR-V through its 20000km service. Very pleased with the low cost (€160 - including only €34 for labour), but less happy about the fact that the only way of getting away from and back to the Honda dealership was Shank's pony. When I had my Hondas in UK, Evans Halshaw (or something like that) used always to give me a car for the day they were in for service. Has this stopped?

2. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think it's still the norm to expect a courtesy car if you get your car serviced by the supplying dealer. Some may try to charge for "insurance excess", but I wouldn't pay it. Might be different in Europe where they don't seem to charge so much for servicing/labour. Might not be enough margin in it for them.

I did make it clear to the dealer before buying my XJ that I expected a Jaguar courtesy car and not one of the Citroens that they used from a sister franchise next door. I remember having a 500bhp XF R overnight once, but was glad to give it back before killing myself or losing my licence.

3. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    When my Accord was in for its last service (Lincoln Honda) in December, it was going to be over night so was given a Jazz for the night and next day until I picked up my Accord. My car was not even purchased from them.

John

4. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    That sounds like good service John. In my case, the dealership that service our CR-V is the dealership from which (does that construction reveal my age?) we bought the car. Take the sales commission and RUN!

5. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Not only that it was MOT time yesterday. So as normal, tea, coffee and biscuits, washed and vac'ed and even sent me a video showing the slightly perished tyre valve's mentioned on the advisory note.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I always get a courtesy car even if my car is only there for warranty work (which is rare!).

Usually a Jazz, sometimes a Civic. Always available, even though I need an automatic. All I need to do us specify when I book that I need one.

Harvey likes this.
  7. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    When I think about it, we didn't get a courtesy car in The Netherlands, either :Frown:. Must be a UK (and perhaps North American) thing.

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can always get a courtesy car from my dealer. I might have to wait a little longer until a day when one is available but that's no real problem.