Engine & Gearbox CR-V 2006 Throttle Stuck Down x3 times

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by TP71, Sunday 21st Feb, 2016.

1. TP71 New Member Getting Started

Hi can anyone help we bought a 2006 2.2CDTI with 97k FHSH 4 months ago and the throttle has stuck down 3 times whilst over taking? Had it back in the garage who checked cable and greased up but it did it again yesterday so very scary !! Anyone with any ideas before the warranty runs out? Many thanks.

2. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That sounds incredibly dangerous.....I would take it back to the garage, demand a replacement car until the throttle problem is fixed. Also threaten litigation.
    Just out of interest, how did the throttle become unstuck each time?

Zebster likes this.
  3. TP71 New Member Getting Started

Managed to flick it up luckily with our right foot:Ermm:

4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I'm unsure but would a 2006 not now be fly by wire rather than a cable ?
    Either way I agree its a problem that needs urgent attention but of course you can always just put in the clutch or select neutral .

5. Davej5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dave Cornwall
    Strangely they have both a cable and fly by wire, the electronic sensor is on the top of the bulkhead in the engine compartment and a cable connects it to the pedal. I have read of problems in the sensor before.

6. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Sounds then its the sencor, find its strange the fault doesn't show when read.
    Mine continues to rev when throttle is released. Its petrol though and even when cable is released takes about three seconds for revs to drop. Its annoying but I would guess in my case more than car is worth to rectify. I have cleaned all intakes with no effect so guess its an electronic sensor prob. ( throttle body etc )

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You may have a vacuum leak @stuscrv

8. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Thank you , did cross my mind as MOT guy couldn't believe how low all readings were, but I can't see the obvious, and its just not worth spending on now as rotting badly below decks. Shame cos looks good on deck, was seriously thinking about fitting v6 or VTEC etc but no point now.
    Brake pipes rusting, under body rusted, clutch end of life ( not slipping yet ) exhaust/cat shot ABS gone ( took out bulb ) all bushes/joints worn ( track rod ends included ) apart from that runs like a train lol