Aftermarket Kit CR-V 2008 tow bar

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Tear101, Tuesday 13th Oct, 2015.

1. Tear101 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lee Northants
    Morning, im looking to get a tow bar fitted to my 08 CR-V and was after some info from anyone who has had one fitted. I need a fixed type due to the cycle carrier we have but heard a rumor that it might upset the rear parking sensors! any truth in this? Next question is does the tow bar electrics get wired into the cars VSA system?
    Whats your thoughts guys!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Lee I think people have fitted non Honda tow-bars but like you said have opted for the Honda tow bar electrics for the reliability and to co-exist with the current parking sensors.

3. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Interesting; I didn't realise Honda will sell the electrics separately. Can i ask which connectors are used and what the part numbers are please?

4. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    I fitted non Honda electrics to my 09 CR-V and have had no problem with parking sensors unless bike rack or trailer hitched. But on lower dash to left of steering wheel is an override switch, just switch them off when using tow bar :Smile:

FirstHonda and Nels like this.
  5. Tear101 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lee Northants
    Cheers for the reply's guys!

6. dorsetsav Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom GB
    Tear 101, where abouts in the uk are you as i will soon be removing a honda towbar and genuine wiring from my 3rd Generation if you would be interested?

7. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would definately be interested....
    PM me!
    Thanks