Engine & Gearbox CR-V 2009 2.2 Diesel power steering fluid?

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Bryn, Thursday 20th Mar, 2014.

1. Bryn Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks like mine could do with a top up.... do I have to use genuine Honda or will any power steering fluid do the job properly?

2. Bryn Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    how much is it down by bud, i won't suggest mixing none genuine fluid in the PS reservoir mate.

4. Bryn Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's just below the 'low' mark on a cold engine.... the lid suggests topping up to the 'high' mark when cold :Niceone:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Are you close to Leeds save you buying a one liter bottle I have been using for flushing the old fluid so you can take the 100Ml it will take.

6. Bryn Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's a very kind offer but I'm South of Leicester so wouldn't be economical... found 1L delivered for £12.50 , but before I go down that route I'll be passing Marshall Honda in about an hour ( I bought it from them) I'll see how much they want, if I'm really lucky they may just top it up for me ( not holding my breath though ) :Drinks:

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Bryn Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, just popped in to Marshall Honda, saw the service manager sitting behind the reception desk.... explained to him that we'd bought the CR-V from him just over a month ago, and did we need to buy a litre of power steering fluid just to top it up?

He said 'Can't have you doing that' and promptly fetched an open bottle, and topped it up ... so result :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds