Fuel Efficiency CR-V 2013 2.2 diesel manual. Fuel consumption

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Quacker, Saturday 16th Feb, 2013.

1. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A week of mixed driving on Welsh country A roads with about 50 miles of dual carriageway driven at about 70mph has resulted in 650 miles covered at 42mpg and a 31mph average speed.

This is using the car's trip computer and fuel estimate so not guaranteed to be spot-on.

Hopefully it will improve as the miles increase and internal friction decreases. Certainly the Audi was markedly more economical after 15,000 miles compared to the first 5000 to 10,000 miles. That by about 5mpg on average.

Very happy so far.

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you knocked your speed down to about 60-65mpg you'd see a marked improvement.

3. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Computer says only 37.3 MPG so far on current tank of fuel. However, I've been mostly just doing trips to work and back.

I had occasion to use the horn today - how embarrassing! it sounded like something that should be fitted to a very small town car - pathetic!

As I was driving out of Reading this morning I saw a new model CR-V in Twilight Blue metallic turning into the Honda dealership. First time I had seen one in that colour, it looked much better in the metal compared to the photos I had seen.

4. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will try the horn tomorrow. If it isn't horny enough to give me the horn it will have to be de-horned and replaced with something that will get us all horny. Perhaps an air horn if space allows.

5. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dukes of hazard?

6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

650 miles is pretty good going how big is the tank?

7. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The tank is about 12.5 gallons I believe.
    It will be a very rare event indeed for this car to be filled at a commercial filling station as I have my own storage. This doesn't have a meter, so I can't check the accuracy of the on-board computers.
    One fine day, or week if I get lucky, I will again visit my old haunts up in Scotland and I'll check accuracy them.

Travelled 180 miles up through the Welsh hills through Blaenau Ffestiniog to Betws-Y-Coed today. Averaged a little over 43mpg on the dash.