Body, Paint & Styling CR-V 2013 rear skid plate garnish

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by gpoler, Wednesday 15th Jun, 2016.

1. gpoler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy gpoler Milan
    Hello anyone can post the istrustion for adding removing the rear skid garnish for a CR-V 2013 (the one with factory grey park sensor in the lower part of rear bumper) ?
    thanks

2. gpoler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy gpoler Milan
    looks like the European model is quite different from the American (for that I found a lot of info , but not useful due to different fixing)

Attached Files:

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You'll just drill out the original bumper. It should have marks where to drill on the back. The skid pkate tgen bolts on. I don't know about the parking sensor wiring.

5. gpoler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy gpoler Milan
    Thanks Racy Jace, but I can see that the american skid plate require bumper drilling but the european is different ,any one have some picture of the istruction for mounting it?

Racy Jace likes this.
  6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If your fitting a different skid plate to that European one you've post above I probably can't help as I havnt seen them.

Here's the front skid plate. The threaded bolts are moulded in with the skid plate. You just drill the bumper and use the nuts to secure it.

20160615_200442.

FirstHonda likes this.
  7. gpoler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy gpoler Milan
    hi, I need info for the European rear skid plate ( the one in the photo) , you posted the front one,
    are you sayng that the rear is fixed with something similar?

can you add some image of your rear bumper?

Attached Files:

8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't know for sure but I would say so, YES.

gpoler likes this.
  9. gpoler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy gpoler Milan
    ok, thanks

10. gpoler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy gpoler Milan
    hi, istalled yesterday!, drilling 4 holes ( 14mm diam) in the rear bumper , for sitting the 4 pins and nuts like posted Racy Jace. but I needed also to cut a 4x7 cm section of the bumper where are istalled the 2 parking sensors, ( and also need respray in silver them)...
    as soon as I can I'll post some pictures.

Racy Jace likes this.