Facelift Model CR-V auto selector surround.

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by Lango, Thursday 9th Oct, 2014.

1. Lango Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lango
    Hi All.
    Can anyone tell me if the dashboard surround for the 06 auto selector lights up?. I have gear indicator display on the instrument panel but at night it would be nice to see the selector position. If it does light up, anyone got any idea how to remove the trim and replace the bulb?.
    Thanks in advance.

2. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

My 3rd generation lights up on the dash surround and the instrument panel. So probably you need a new LED. Can't see the point of the dash surround lighting as it doesn't indicate the selector position, it just glows up all the range. Saying that, it does look pretty at night though. ;- 0

3. Lango Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lango
    Hi Steve. That's what I thought. As I don't drive at night too often hadn't noticed. Don't really need it but don't like things that don't work as they should! I have no idea how to get to it without starting a full dashboard strip down.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    @ArcticFire should be able to provide some pointers as he replaced the manual gear stick gaiter not long back, the surround and the way it attachs I'd assume are the same.

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Just had a look at some interior photos and the 2nd Generation looks pretty different to the 3rd due to where the gear selector is located.

Have a look here to see if you can find the breakdown for the selector console, I had a quick scan but couldn't find it. It's not part of the Centre Console as it seems to stop after the cup holders.

Honda Car Parts / Choose by Model / Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda

I suspect though that there will probably just be some clips on the side panels that lead into the footwell of the selector trim.

Last edited: Friday 10th Oct, 2014
  6. Lango Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lango
    Hi Dave. Selector is part of the dashboard next to the instruments rather than in the trad gear lever position.The gear indicator is between the shifter and the instrument binnacle. Looks like it will be a swine of a job to get behind the panel unless there is a trick of the trade to get at the bulb-if there is a bulb!

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @Lango did you try getting to the bulbs ? let me know

8. Lango Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lango
    Not as yet as can't find out if the surround actually lights up for sure. Dealer says not but did not convince. Can't see how access can be gained without removing half of the dashboard unless there is a workaround.

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Would there be any chance you could take a photo of the dash?

10. Lango Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lango
    Hi. Hope tis is added correctly. image.

11. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I can't actually see where it could light up as there doesn't seem to be a bulb listed, unless it's integrated within part of another component? Honda CR-V 2006 SE SELECT LEVER (RH) - Original Honda Parts | Lings Honda

I would reckon the easiest way to see if it's accessible is to remove the instrument panel trim first which appears to overlap the gear selector trim (just next to the painted digits (i.e. 1,2,D,N,R,P). Usually there's a couple of screws going upwards within the instrument panel section but in this diagram the majority of it looks like clips: Honda CR-V 2006 SE INSTRUMENT PANEL GARNISH (RH)(DRIVER SIDE) - Original Honda Parts | Lings Honda although there seems to be a screw at item 21. This diagram seems to have a slightly different layout to yours, i.e. the heated seats buttons. If so then it should be easy enough to navigate to your correct model and have a look at the diagram.

I don't think there is a light though (hence the reason for it displaying in your instrument panel) but could be wrong. Perhaps someone else with a CR-V auto can help here?

12. Lango Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lango
    Thanks Arctic.

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I reckon they haven't illuminated that as the location is very near the dash instrument cluster and that already shows you which gear you have selected. The instrument cluster is of course lit up.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Ah just spotted that @ArcticFire had already made that point.

14. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The new SpeedyFire is in the house lol