General CR-V Black Edition

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by FirstHonda, Friday 29th Jan, 2016.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

2. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Glad I got mine before they fitted those then.

Keith

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

If any of you get a chance do go and have a look at the new 'Black' edition in the flesh.

The leather interior is the best quality I've seen yet in a Honda - the seats (well, I guess the covers) are a different design, they seem much thicker and with more padding, and they are not all 'perforated' as those in other CR-Vs and 8th Generation Accords, which I much prefer.

:likeit:

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not sure if i was dreaming or i saw the tv advert last night for new 'Black' editon CR-V.
    5 years 0% and 5 year servicing.

I'll go a have a look this weekend if i am not working.
    Very tempting tbh.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Yes, that is the deal - although the 0% is on a PCP deal (which is fine as long as that suits) with a 10k per annum mileage limit I think...

AccordCU2 likes this.
  6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Honda won't allow links to specific sections of their website @AccordCU2 so that link doesn't work...God only knows why they do that!

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No idea why it's not working but yes just had a little read.
    Don't want a PCP really,not for me.
    I am useless at negotiating but i know one of the salesman who wants my Accord.
    See if i can twist his arm for different deal.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Have a go, but TBH I think you'd be better off (much) negotiating on a nearly new...worth a try though!

10. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The pre registered demo vehicles get massive reductions on any make car. A brand new 28k mazda 6 was 21k with 2k of miles on it. I'm sure honda do the same.

11. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    I got north of £5k off my end of line 2014 Black Edition. It was registered on 30/3/15 by Honda UK. I bought it in the May from the showroom with 8 miles on the clock. The only downside I could see (which to me wasn't significant) was that I lost 2 months of the MOT free period.

12. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Absolutely beautiful, I like.
    The only problem with black is that you become a slave to cleaning. Mind you, I think I could put up with that. The east European boys do a really good job in my area. :eek:

13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Price looks about right to me - maybe try for £1000 off but settle for £500?

15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Ed
    My offer will depend i guess on what i can get for my car.

16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Yes, the only thing that actually matters is the cost to change.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  17. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    In the interests of obtaining the best deal, It might be worth reminding the dealer that Honda have just released a new 2016 Black Edition.

Keith
    - - - Updated - - -
    I've just noticed that it hasn't got the "Black Edition" badge under the CR-V badge (see the photos of mine in the Garage). I wonder why, perhaps they didn't all have that.

Keith

FirstHonda and AccordCU2 like this.
  18. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for heads up.
    I'll look into it and see what i can dig out.

19. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

AccordCU2 and Nels like this.
  20. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i like it but way too overpriced ...
    if you do your homework there is discounting on this car thankfully. HUK need to be very careful of their pricing strategy but no doubt this will fall on deaf ears :Frown:

defo one to consider in the used car market when its time to change our current CR-V