Aftermarket Kit CR-V bug/wind deflector. Who has one?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Racy Jace, Sunday 31st Jan, 2016.

1. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just wondered if any one has a bug deflector on their CR-V? Are the worth getting?

After seeing this picture in the same colour I have, I'm thinking of getting this and possibly the sports grill in black so it ties in a bit better.

I could do with photoshopibg the grill on to see. If anyone has the black sports grill pleas add the pic to the thread and ill attempt photoshop later.

$_57-1. $_57-2. $_57.

Toggerefc likes this.
  2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

That white one looks like it should be on 'Pimp My Ride' :Laughing:

@155695 has the black sports grille on his CR-V - as it was standard on the 'Black' edition.

On the subject of the bug/stone deflector, I'm not sure I can see the point. After all, the lower bumper area is still unprotected so you'll still be cleaning the dead insects off all of that. Unless it deflects them and stops them from hitting the windscreen?

:Unknown:

3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd heard it helps deflect stones and protects the bonnet but I've never had one fitted so wouldn't know. If all else fails it makes the car look different.

I'd like the wind deflectors on the doors too but those heiko ones increased the toad noise on my accord so I'm unsure if to try them again.

4. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    I actually like the look of them and have tried to source them for my FR-V but with no luck.

5. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    First Honda is correct, however it is covered with black mesh (much to the horror of some), so you can't really see the original honeycomb design. Full details in my post on 6 July entitled "Radiator Protection".

Keith

FirstHonda likes this.