Electrical & Lights CR-V central locking

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by KENQW, Wednesday 19th Dec, 2012.

1. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    I have just changed my 2006 accord tourer for a 2009 CR-V 2.2EX I-CDTI and have a problem whereby the key transmitter locks front passenger and rear doors, but not the driver or tailgate. It sets the alarms.
    All doors are locked by the key but the transmitter fails to unlock the said driver and tailgate meaning I have to then unlock with the key.(basically the transmitter is ineffective on the driver and tailgate.) Unlocking with the key as a first option sets off the alarm and they have to be reset with the transmitter. Has anybody had a similar problem?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There could be a fault with the keyless entry buddy.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The keyless entry module is sensing the alarm button press and activating the relay (I think it only has one on it), which is locking the other doors. So it could be a wiring issue which is stopping the actuators to work for driver and rear tailgate.
    A wiring diagram of the alarm system could help you here.

4. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    Thanks for the comments,it helps me understand the problem,looks like it is a Honda dealer job.

5. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    Have now had the dealer look at the problem and am told the front power door latch assembly is faulty and needs replacing.Thanks to all for comments on this thread.

6. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Hi KENQW, As a new owner of a CR V myself, I would be interested in how you are finding driving your CR V as opposed to a saloon.

I have had mine, a 2008 SE 2.2EX I-CDTI, Just over two months now, and I am loving it.

7. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    Hi Ezeetrucker, I have had mine since 13th December and also love it. My Accord Tourer was a great car and took a lot to replace but the CR-V is a good replacement. I like the comfort and trim levels on the EX also the all round vision being that much higher.As soon as I get my central locking sorted I,m sure it will be better.I live in rural Devon so wanted the 4 wheel option,although not too keen on the bad weather to try it out.

Have you got a towbar on yours. if so would be interested to know what sort and any experiences with parking sensors etc.

8. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Sorry I don't have a tow bar so can't give you any advice on that. Like you I live in a very rural area of Lincoln, on a farm to be exact with miles of fields all round, perfect conditions for snow drifts ECT. the main reason for me buying the CR V.
    I have a niece who lives in Devon, Petrockstowe ?? also a friend in Bovey Tracy. I will be visiting them both in the spring / summer, you never know, we might even meet one day.

9. Yogesh Arora New Member Getting Started

You may also try reprogramming the Honda Remote. Hope it might help

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014