Body, Paint & Styling CR-V 'Enhancements'

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by AirMiles, Monday 3rd Mar, 2014.

1. AirMiles Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Having owned my CR-V for about 6 weeks (and very pleased with it still), the most I have done to it is add a set of mudflaps, front and back, and a protector for the cargo step (have dog, will scratch!).

The rear roof spoiler seems an attractive addition, but I am wondering if it adds anything more than a little bit of cosmetic 'flash'. Does it, for example, improve rear tyre adhesion to any perceptible degree? :Wassat: Or just keep the rear window from getting too muddy? Or nothing at all?

I'd be interested in anyone's views. Since I do not trust myself to do the fitting (yes, I have seen the web how-to videos), it would be some expense at the dealer's. Is it worth the money?

Thanks in anticipation.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I don't own a CR-V but what I can tell you from a7th gen Tourer perspective that the rear spoiler does contribute to high speed stability and it does keep the drizzly rain off the rear windscreen in slow traffic conditions. Additionally with the draft of air constantly flowing on the rear glass it helps to minimises road traffic film building motorway trips, so you have to use your rear wiper less and use less windscreen wash and prolonging the life of the wiper blade.

The wiper blade on my prefacelift tourer lasted a year but on the facelift it can easily last two years .. Only difference prefacelift cars never came with rear spoiler as standard.

I would say go for the spoiler it looks the part and it does have its advantages too.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes it IS worth the money (depending on what you pay!).

http://hondakarma.com/threads/my-4th Generation-CR-V-ex-2-2-i-dtec-pics.9121/

The spoiler doesnt really guard that well against the rain/spray to be honest. Thats not a deal breaker for me personally - I had it added because it looks superb.

Although I do need to invest in the cargo step protector!

4. AirMiles Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks DK and Ichiban (:Wink: Number One!).

I am very tempted, but Mrs AM has a say in the matter, and since her votes in our domestic 'democracy' (sound familiar?) count double, then I might have to shelve this one. Even the dog probably has a view, which would be co-opted in any decision.

Ah well, carry on dreaming........

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't dream!

Do what I did - have it done anyway and then worry about the consequences!
    Works for me everytime! (Heck, I didnt even tell the wife about buying the CR-V till I brought it home.... :Rolf: )

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Helen after me on a weekly basis I want a CR-V , I may have to break the never-ending record. Mate if you misses is as nagging as mine you want to get it done.:Blink: