Engine & Gearbox CR-V grinding noise

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by brabra, Tuesday 24th Nov, 2015.

1. brabra Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Austria bra brno
    Hi all,

Need help.

We have 2 Honda CR-V, both 2011 year and with just ~26000km, driven by two different members of the family.

Recently, on both cars, a noise like drilling or coffee grinding machine is heard when moving uphill (exit from the garage (11%) or else, especially in the moment when the clutch releases (the balance moment between standstill and moving). It can be even increased if I deliberately try to slip the fly wheel with the clutch/gass balancing.

Best reproduced is if you stop during the hill, and start to go without using the handbrake and balancing between standstill and moving, then the noise is heard for few seconds as the car is start movimg - rrrrrrrrrr.

Thank you for the help.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A drŷ release bearing mate all petrol Honda suffer this it just noise it will go when the temperatures get high.
  3. brabra Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Austria bra brno
    Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, it started also during this summer :Frown: when it was hot. It has something to do with the flywheel and the release moment, as at some point I can even make it (the sound) last for few seconds while the car is at standstill/motion moment at some hill or garage ramp.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That still sounds like a dry release bearing, aside from causing a bit of noise, it's not going to harm anything.
  5. brabra Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Austria bra brno
    Thanks. Hope is true that way as the warranty is just few months more, and I have read of a known problem with the clutch on Honda (diesel but also petrol), the replacement of which costs up to 2000 EUR, and sadly but true, even replaced, it still would not last longer.

Needless to say that at the Honda here, they act like being out of space and of course, "there is no other case like these two vehicles in their existance" :Smile:

Thank you again.