Service & Maintenance CR-V in the garage for 5 weeks....

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by martins321, Friday 25th Sep, 2015.

1. martins321 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Martin Dunmow
    CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC went into "limp home" mode, has been in the garage for 5 weeks with no fix...error code was P1237 - Boost pressure lower than expected, other error code was P149E which AA couldn't locate. Garage & Honda Tech have so far failed to find a fix. Turbo may have been replaced & EGR also. Car is 18 months old with 10600 on the clock. How long should I give them before demanding a replacement?

2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Turbo may have been replaced before? If it had there would be a warranty claim against it. Is your car at a honda main dealer?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Need more info before we can comment or make an assessment, you need to be honest and tell us what's really happened? Have you used bio diesel?

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Unfortunately components can fail. The turbos are sourced from garret and ultimately the quality lies with them. need to know what's been diagnosed so far. Too little information to form any kind of solution.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Agree totally what was the root cause for 10K failure. This can happen but there has to be trigger which is induced by the owner. Now how many owners will hold their hand up and say err I caused this..

6. martins321 New Member Getting Started

I've owned it from new, it's with the supplying Main Dealer (who also serviced it @ 12 months) and I have never put Bio-diesel in....I'm hoping a meeting with the garage will shed more light on what they have actually done in terms of parts replacement as I'm getting mixed messages from the service department.

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Let us know what comes of the meeting. Personally i have to be careful what I say as a warenty claim will be in process and this is for your dealer to communicate to you. I somewhat disagree @Ichiban certain faults yes the customer is certainly to blame but fuel has no real impact on the turbo. I have a caertain technicians intuition that this is the turbo actuator diagram that's failed.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi @martins321

First, welcome to HondaKarma. Second, I'm really sorry to hear of your problems with your CR-V, which must be incredibly frustrating.

I have no technical knowledge at all, so will approach this from a slightly different angle.

As you have owned your car from new and (I assume) had it serviced on schedule if required, then you are covered by the warranty - and as @Beefy says above, the dealer will be trying to work out what has gone wrong and what needs to be replaced. The fact that you say they have got Honda involved as well may indicate that it is a problem that they haven't seen before and are taking advice which may be what is taking the time. That doesn't help you, and it sounds as thought the communication hasn't been brilliant, but a meeting with them feels like a step in the right direction.

Personally - as this has been going on for 5 weeks with no solution seemingly in sight - I'd raise a call with Honda UK direct. The details are on the link below.

Contact us

I'd stress to them how frustrated and disappointed you are, and that 5 weeks seems like an unacceptable time period to still be without your car and waiting for a fix - but try to stay calm and polite! It won't hurt for them to get involved from a customer care perspective.

I'm no legal expert, but I doubt you will get a replacement car unless they absolutely cannot fix yours. If you aren't happy with the eventual fix - if you've lost confidence in the vehicle - then you could ask for a similar age/mileage replacement, a goodwill contribution for a new or newer car, or maybe a free extension to the warranty. All of those options I'd explore with Honda UK rather than the dealer.

Let us know how you get on. And good luck!

:goodluck:

legend-ary likes this.
  9. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    I mirror the fact that a new car is highly unlikely. There is a process to follow through with Hondas in house warenty procedure in which the dealer will be going through. I have no doubt that they will have contacted Honda technical over that amount of time. Certainly a meeting with the manager will dispel any myths about the process and what is happening with your car at the moment. It's not something that happens regularly I can assure you of that. But of course car technology is not fool proof. Manufactures rely on vendors for a majority of the parts within a car. This could be a rare quality issue? You saw the recent takata air bag issue? The problem was takatas manufacturing process, but the issue impacted on Honda, Toyota etc etc. please be patient. No da will come up trumps and if you stay civil and go through with the right attitude Honda will bend over backwards to sort everything out.

legend-ary, Nighthawk and FirstHonda like this.
  10. martins321 New Member Getting Started

Thanks all for the feedback & suggestions, will update as and when I have more info.

11. martins321 New Member Getting Started

Just a quick update - finally got the vehicle back - seems it was a faulty MAP sensor. Raising a complaint via Honda Finance appears to have got things moving a bit quicker. I don't yet know why it took so long, although it appears the garage were only able to do work as directed and authorised by Honda UK Technical, presumably to ensure they could claim warranty credit to cover their costs (which I can understand). Personally I would have thought that the MAP sensor replacement could have yielded a quick "win" at a relatively low cost. I'll try and extract a bit more information from the garage.

Racy Jace likes this.
  12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Good to hear that you got it back @martins321 :Smile:

Hopefully all is now well. Have you asked Honda UK for a gesture of goodwill of some sort?