Bulletins & Advisories CR-V Instrument Panel Gap On Passenger Side

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Service News, Thursday 6th Mar, 2014.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    The following 2013 and 2014 CR-V's have been issues with the following TSB #SO-08-001-00 dated 06-03-2014

ModelModel CodeCode Years
    CR-VRE52013, 2014
    CR-V I-DTECRE62013, 2014

The Symptoms
    A gap condition is present between the Dashboard side cover and door opening seal can be seen on the passenger side with door opened.

HK CRV1.

The Cause

The dashboard side cover and dashboard instrument panel are out of specification.

The Fix
    The following fix have been applied:
    1. The dashboard side panel has been made according to part specification.
    2. The dashboard instrument panel has been set correctly on the production line.

If your CR-V is made between 2013 and 2014 and have this gap please visit your nearest dealer for the fix to be applied the total time to fix this gap is 40 minutes.

PanayiotisPal and crvgen4 like this.
  2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh, thanks for this CJ.

can't say I noticed any gap on mine when I was detailing it at the weekend - but will check it out tomorrow. Rather odd flaw to have! Suppose its "better" than something mechanical! Thanks again Squire :Hey:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its really good on Honda to make this small gap perfect.. :Hey:

4. Hatter Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    I've got the gap on mine. Checked others in showroom - all got it. Pity they can't put the dash in correctly first time. Dealership didn't know about problem but were going to check with Honda. Needs a wider weatherstrip.
    Peter

5. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    Just had this done on mine. Dealer had to order part and needed the car for most of the day as seal needs to be bonded.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

All sorted out now?

7. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep, perfect. Cannot believe Honda would be so pedantic about this gap. They really are quality and product focussed. As the wife says if you're spending £34k on a car it should be as close to perfect as possible. I'm sure if you took a Ford, landrover or Mazda back with the same they would laugh you out of the showroom.
    - - - Updated - - -
    As with all TSB's (technical service bulletins) you need to go with a copy in hand as sometimes the dealers are genuinely not aware of them and just saves time if you have the correct number for the TSB.
    Also had the TSB for rear door rubber done for the Civic tourer as that was coming astray earlier in the year.
    As per Gilder Honda Chesterfield have excelled themselves again.

8. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Paliometocho
    IMG_20160927_174713.

Mine is still holding, but at the same spot glue is visible. Is this the fix??? Glue?? :Smile:

Last edited: Tuesday 27th Sep, 2016
  9. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

IMAG1010. this was done last Thursday. Gilder had to order a part from Honda UK which took about 2 weeks to arrive.

FirstHonda and PanayiotisPal like this.
  10. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Which part did they change??? I can only assume that they changed the dashboard side panel.

11. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I didn't know about this so It looks like I'll be going back to Honda again. Let's hope they do another great job.

20160927_164904.

PanayiotisPal likes this.
  12. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Mine looks great I guess when I compare it to yours. :Smile: Hope you get it sorted out. Maybe quality was better on early models.

13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

My CR-V was clearly hand built by a crack team wearing white gloves...:Laughing:

IMG_0593.

14. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Think it was the dashboard end panel. Must have a longer lip to meet seal???

15. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looking at these pics. The end panels look the same. They certainly don't look like they stick out any further. I wonder if it's just a wider rubber seal?

16. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I think you are right. FirstHonda CR-V rubber seal looks wider.

17. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was told by wolverhampton they can't do mine as it's out of warranty but I should try honda uk and see what they say. Does anyone have the correct number I should try? Thanks.

18. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

:Frown: This is disappointing. Have they waited for the warranty to expire before they produced this SB?? This is not good enough. Send them a letter in writing with pictures accompanied by this service bulletin. If no reply instruct your lawyer to send them a warning. It is a bad quality and Honda has instructed dealers to fix this problem for some CR-Vs which were produced with the wrong quality specs. It is a manufacturing fault thus bad quality in the production line, and Honda wants to fix this, by sending this SB to concerned customers / dealers / Honda karma :Smile:. I am happy that I am not affected. Hope you find the info you are asking.

Last edited: Thursday 29th Sep, 2016
    Racy Jace likes this.
  19. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks like getting the 555 package for free was a good deal. I've found Honda warranties are worth their weight in gold. But like most things depends on how customer focussed your dealer is.

FirstHonda and PanayiotisPal like this.
  20. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@Racy Jace

Try this one for Customer Relations - option 2 I believe. Hopefully it hasn't changed since I used it last year.

0845 200 8000

Racy Jace likes this.