In-Depth CR-V Owners can look forward to a 1.6 Diesel

Discussion in 'Technical Articles' started by Ichiban, Monday 8th Jul, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The second CR-V variant is set to launch at your nearest Honda dealer, featuring the new Earth Dreams Technology 1.6 I-DTEC diesel engine. First shown at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show, the CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC is only available in two-wheel drive with manual transmission and will offer both performance (300Nm of torque and 120 PS) and low CO₂ emissions (119g/km*).

In the tough and competitive market for SUVs, the diesel option has grown and now represents over a quarter of the total Compact-SUV market in Europe. The new CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC addresses this trend in the honda range with fuel economy and class leading CO₂ emissions of just 119g/km.

Efficient, functional and capable
    The new CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC continues to assert the original CR-V concept - delivering a balance between the efficiency and performance of a car and the functionality and security of an SUV.

The combination of a light weight engine and two-wheel drive system means that the new CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC weighs 116kg* less than the 2.2 I-DTEC model helping to ensure the car is sure-footed whilst also delivering agile handling.

The new CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC offers the practicality and styling of an SUV and with the introduction of a small diesel engine means it also offers low cost motoring with fuel economy of 4.5 l/100km. In addition, CO₂ emissions below 120g/km mean the CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC qualifies for many tax incentives, making it even more affordable to drive.

The styling maintains the same confident stance adopted at the introduction of the 4th generation CR-V and retains the impressive practicality with 1648 litres of luggage capacity.

The new CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC also features Honda’s easy fold-down 60/40 split rear seats which can be folded flat in one movement. At the pull of a handle, the CR-V can be transformed from a five-seater passenger car into a versatile load-lugger.

‘The first generation CR-V set out to combine the best elements of a car and an SUV. For the 4th generation CR-V, we have achieved a perfect balance between the efficiency of a car and the functionality and security of an SUV. In doing so, we have created a model that is efficient, versatile and capable.’ Ryouji Nakagawa, Large Project Leader, CR-V

The key focus of our Earth Dreams Technology philosophy is to balance environmental efficiency with the dynamic performance expected of a Honda,” says Ryouji Nakagawa, the Large Project Leader (LPL). “It is important that our cars are fun to drive.

Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology powertrain series debuts in Europe with the launch of the 1.6-litre I-DTEC diesel engine which was introduced in the Civic in 2012 The Earth Dreams Technology philosophy will be applied to all of Honda’s future power trains.

This is a new approach from the ground up,” Kiyoshi Saito, the Engine Project Leader for the CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC says. “There were no benchmarks for us because those targets would have been too low. We were determined to establish a benchmark of our own that our competitors would have to follow.”

High performance, Low Emissions
    Our motivation has been to make many small detail improvements that, together, make a major difference. That is the challenge and the beauty of the Earth Dreams Technology philosophy.” Ryouji Nakagawa. says.

Rather than develop a specific, eco-focussed derivative, Honda is offering the 1.6-litre I-DTEC as an extension of the existing CR-V line-up. “We didn’t want to create a special version and sacrifice some of the driving dynamics,” says Kiyoshi Saito. “This is a ‘total car’.”

Lightest Diesel Engine in its class

Honda’s 1.6-litre I-DTEC engine is comprised of an aluminium cylinder head joined to an open deck aluminium block, weighing 47kg less than Honda’s 2.2-litre I-DTEC engine.
    All the individual components have been redesigned to minimise their weight and size and advanced production techniques have helped reduce weight even further.
    The thickness of the cylinder walls has been reduced to 8mm, compared with 9mm for the 2.2-litre I-DTEC. This is an exceptional achievement for a diesel engine. In addition, lighter pistons and connection rods have been utilised in the 1.6-litre I-DTEC.

Reduced Mechanical Friction
    The key target for Honda’s development engineers was to reduce the mechanical friction of the 1.6-litre I-DTEC engine to the level equivalent of a petrol engine. “All the rotating parts have been carefully optimised to reduce their friction,” says Kiyoshi Saito. For example, a shorter and thinner piston skirt has been used. At 1500rpm, the 1.6-litre I-DTEC has around 40% less mechanical friction than the 2.2-litre I-DTEC.
    This not only reduces emissions and improves fuel efficiency; it also improves the engine’s response, both on and off the throttle, making the car more fun to drive. We have reduced the mechanical friction of the engine to the level equivalent of an existing petrol engine, which is an outstanding achievement.
    Clever Turbocharger
    The 4th generation Garrett turbocharger used on the 1.6-litre I-DTEC engine features an efficient variable-nozzle design and its rotational speed is precisely controlled by the car’s electronics, minimising turbo lag and providing an optimal combination of low- to mid-range pull and high-speed performance. The turbo has a maximum boost pressure of 1.5bar.

Efficient Fuel Injection System and Engine Air Flow
    Honda’s 1.6-litre I-DTEC engine uses a Bosch solenoid injection system which is capable of operating at a high pressure of 1800bar. High fuel pressure means that the fuel is injected at a faster rate with finer atomization of the fuel spray which mixes with the air in the engine. This results in a cleaner and more efficient combustion helping to achieve the low emissions and fuel consumption
    Honda’s engineers also worked to improve the volumetric efficiency of the cylinders, employing a high intake flow and a high-swirl head port that precisely controls the combustion process to reduce hot spots that create unwanted emissions. The engine air flow is managed by using an EGR (Exhaust gas recirculation) system that operates at high and low pressure to reduce NOx emissions.

Low emissions technology
    A Lean NOx Catalyst (LNC) has been introduced specifically for the CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC engine in order to help reduce NOx emissions. The overall weight difference between the CR-V and the Civic means that the CR-V has greater rolling road resistance which leads to increased NOx emissions; the LNC helps to purify NOx.

Transmission System
    The CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC uses the same lightweight and compact transmission system which was introduced on the Civic 1.6 I-DTEC. This 6 speed manual transmission system is 7kg lighter than the transmission system on the 2.2-litre I-DTEC helping the engine to produce a maximum torque of 300NM.

The transmission system delivers:
    • Class-leading transmission efficiency
    • A smooth, accurate feeling when changing gear
    • A new reverse system which is quieter and delivers improved operation load.

ECON button
    For maximum efficiency the driver can also choose to press the green ECON button on the dashboard which improves the efficiency of the air conditioning system, according to conditions such as temperature and humidity. It controls the compressor and decreases the voltage of the fan drive to reduce the load on the engine, improving fuel efficiency.

ECO Assist
    During the development of the second generation Insight, Honda engineers discovered that different driving styles could account for as much as 15% variance in fuel economy.

ECO Assist optimises fuel efficiency by minimising the differences in fuel consumption caused by varying driving styles. The system uses illumination on the car’s speedometer to advise drivers on how their driving style is impacting fuel economy. This helps drivers to get the best fuel economy from their car in everyday situations, allowing the CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC to travel up to 1,289km on one tank of fuel.

The speedometer illuminates in white when the car is idle and stays white during sudden acceleration and deceleration. It turns to green if the car is driven in an economical fashion. During gentle acceleration and deceleration when the driver is slightly exceeding the best level of throttle the speedometer illumination shows yellow green.

Idle Stop
    The CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC is fitted with Honda’s Idle Stop system as standard. The system reduces overall fuel consumption by approximately 5g/km, helping to reduce CO₂ emissions to just 119g/km*. When the driver comes to a standstill and selects neutral, the engine will automatically stop when they release the clutch and select a gear it automatically restarts.

• Tested in Europe
    • Car-like handling
    • Tuned suspension system
    • Improved steering response
    • Motion Adaptive EPS steering system (MA-EPS)

Europe is a very different environment to Japan or the U.S.,” Kazuhiro Sekine, Assistant Large Project Leader for the CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC. “These different road conditions change what is needed from a car. That is why we tested the new CR-V extensively in Europe and on our proving ground in Takasu, Japan, which replicates sections of the Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit. The suspension has been tuned specifically for Europe, with a key emphasis on high speed stability.

The 4th generation CR-V focused on advancing the stability, comfort and dynamic ride qualities of the model further than ever. The CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC benefits from all these characteristics and the introduction of the small diesel engine combined with a two wheel drive system results in reduced weight which provides the additional benefits of further improved fuel economy and lighter steering and handling feel for the driver. This car-like handling feel is achieved through the suspension system and steering which have been adjusted in order to achieve a sure-footed and comfortable driving feel for the CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC.

The CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC retains the same McPherson strut front suspension and multi-link rear arrangement as other CR-V models. Some fine tuning has been made to the front damper settings and rear bushes to help reduce the feeling of body roll, maintain stability at high speed and improve ride comfort.“This gives a very confident feel for the total vehicle, certainly helped by the reduced car weight.” Says Kazuhiro Sekine.

The CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC also shares the same front and rear anti-roll bars which reduce body roll during cornering. The diameter of the tubular front bar remains the same (23 mm), but the diameter of the solid rear bar has been increased by 1mm ( to 18mm). The toe stability (bending rigidity) of the rear trailing arm has been increased by 13% enabling the CR-V to respond quickly to steering input. “The car is extremely stable and predictable in turn and provides a very accurate drive feel.” Says Kazuhiro Sekine.

To ensure a responsive ride, guaranteed control and maximise cargo space, the CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC utilises a sophisticated independent multi-link rear axle.

The CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC features the Motion Adaptive electric power steering system (MA-EPS), which has been refined since its introduction on the 4th generation CR-V. These refinements allow for easy maneuverability with increased feedback and responsiveness at high speeds. The sophisticated system works with Honda's Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) to detect vehicle instability in slippery conditions and automatically initiates steering inputs that prompt the driver to steer in the correct direction (See safety).

With MA-EPS, electric power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering takes the place of a conventional hydraulic power steering system. The system consists of a rack-and-pinion steering gear with an electric motor installed concentrically around the steering rack. A Control Module receives signals from sensors measuring the steering torque and rotation and uses them to calculate the ideal amount of assistance required. It then activates the electric motor, ensuring that the steering system offers the optimal amount of assistance at all times.

"The technology has improved significantly in recent years," says Kazuhiro Sekine
    "An electric system gives you more control than hydraulic alternatives."

In comparison to the operation of a conventional hydraulic pump system, an electric solution delivers improved efficiency because it does not draw a continuous amount of power directly from the engine. It is also much more mechanically simple and compact in size.

The CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC steering ratio is 16.8:1, resulting in 3.16 turns lock-to-lock and a turning radius of 5.5 m (at wheel centre). 

• Ergonomically efficient spacious interior
    • High quality finish
    • NVH improvement
    • 5in "intelligent integrated" Multi-Information Display (i-MID)
    • Easy fold-down one motion 60/40 split rear seat

When launched in September 2012 the 4th generation CR-V set out to combine class-leading space, versatility and refinement. The core principles of a car-like driving position, superb visibility and unrivalled cargo space remain true to the original CR-V concept but with improved materials and reduced noise levels.

The target to create an agile, relaxing driving experience meant that a spacious, comfortable and ergonomically efficient driving environment was key to the CR-V’s development. ‘The first thing that we wanted to achieve with the interior design was a feeling of openness,’ explains Interior Designer, Takehiro Ishibashi. ‘So the dashboard design features a number of horizontal layers which help emphasise the feeling of space.’ Once that space was created attention switched to ensuring an intuitive driving environment by grouping the major controls into two logical areas. The ‘Driver Interface Zone’ allows the driver to focus on the road ahead and displays crucial information behind the steering wheel at the natural point of focus. Located to the right, the ‘Information Interface Zone’ groups the secondary controls and information, with the 5-inch Multi-Information Display (i-MID) at its centre. The tilt/telescopic steering column has 40mm of adjustment in each plane, 10mm more than previously. The seat height can be adjusted through a range of 50mm, an improvement over the last CR-V. A 10mm increase in both the steering wheel and seat height adjustments has also ensured that more drivers can achieve an ideal driving position.

The hip point of the rear passenger seats has been lowered by 38 mm, resulting in a more comfortable seating position and increased headroom. In order to emphasise the feeling of space inside, the door casings have been sculpted to create a concave shape. This has also allowed the occupants of the front seats to be moved closer to the sides of the car, making it easier to step in and out. As a consequence, more space has been liberated between the seats for a centre console that houses three cupholders, a storage compartment, an armrest and air vents for the rear seats.
    The high quality and versatile interior is further enhanced by a comprehensive range of equipment. In the cabin, attention focuses on the 5in ‘intelligent’ Multi-Information Display (i-MID), which controls the audio (including DAB radio where fitted), telephone and HDD navigation systems (where fitted). Also fitted as standard are Honda’s acclaimed ECON mode and Eco Assist system, which advises drivers on how their driving style is impacting fuel economy.

To ensure that this versatile space remains quietly composed a significant reduction in the engine and road noise entering the cabin was achieved. Sound insulation material was applied to the floorpan below the passenger compartment, while sound absorption material was fitted to the rear door, rear wheelarches, door frames, front bulkhead and bonnet. The doors also feature a feature a double seal. The result is a 3dB reduction in cabin noise compared to the previous generation CR-V.

Spacious interior
    The CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC features a one action fold down rear seat system, the rear seats have a 60/40 split function but the easy to use facility also allows them to be folded completely flat with a simple pull of one handle. It transforms the CR-V into a versatile carrier which remains at the top C-SUV for boot capacity with 1648 litres of flat load space when a full size spare wheel is specified (1669 litres if space-saver spare wheel specified). ‘This is a feature of which I am particularly proud. It will make a big difference to how our customers use their CR-V,’ explains Ishibashi. Even with the seats in place, the CR-V has 589 litres of cargo space – enough for four golf bags or three large suitcases.

Further convenience is provided with a 25mm lower load lip on the boot of the car, which gives access to a 140mm longer load bay at 1570mm.

ModelCapacity to window line – litres
    (Rear seats in place)

Honda CR-V589
    Volkswagen Tiguan470
    Toyota Rav4547
    Volvo XC60495
    Mazda CX-5503

• Reduced height and length without compromising interior space
    • Car-like driving position
    • LED Daytime Running Lights and LED taillights (exclusive for Europe)

Honda is always guided by the ‘man-maximum, machine minimum’ philosophy and the 4th generation CR-V demonstrates the tangible benefits by decreasing its overall dimensions but with no compromise to interior space. The position of the windscreen was brought forward by 60mm (measured from the bottom of the windscreen) relative to the overall length of the car. As a result, the size of the engine compartment has been reduced. ‘It is always our goal to reduce the size of the mechanical parts in order to provide more space for the occupants’, explains Large Project Leader Nakagawa. This particular solution has further benefits, improving visibility of the CR-V’s outer edges and increasing driver confidence and awareness.

The confidence, efficiency and dynamism of the CR-V design holds worldwide appeal but bespoke upgrades for the European model have further refined and enhanced the package. The CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC features the same front bumper which creates a dynamic personality, carried through by streamlined door mirrors with integrated indicators and front LED daytime running lights and a full rear LED light cluster.

As with so many elements of the new CR-V, form and function go hand in hand in the aerodynamics of the car. The adoption of a flat under floor and sculptured wheelarches has smoothed the air flow under the car, while a long roof combined with aerodynamically optimised front bumper and rear spoiler help to manage the air-flow over the body. The result is a reduction in the drag coefficient of 6.5% compared with the previous generation CR-V benefitting performance, fuel economy and reducing exhaust emissions.

• CR-V receives 5-star Euro NCAP
    • Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
    • Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering
    • Trailer Stability Assist (TSA)
    • Anti-lock brakes with Emergency Stop System
    • Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure
    • Pedestrian Injury Mitigation Design
    • Front, side and curtain airbags
    • Whiplash mitigation system
    • ISOFIX child sea mounting points

Honda CR-V receives 5-star Euro NCAP Overall Safety Rating
    The Honda CR-V has been rated one of Europe‘s safest cars, according to new independent crash testing results from Euro NCAP, receiving the maximum 5-star rating.
    The rating scheme focuses on the vehicle’s overall safety performance which gives consumers an easy to understand single score. The system considers occupant protection, child protection, pedestrian protection and the availability of driver aids.
    The CR-V’s top safety rating reflects Honda’s commitment to overall vehicle safety. Honda’s commitment to safety is embodied by the term ‘Safety for Everyone; safety for drivers, but also safety for passengers, pedestrians and occupants of all vehicles.

The new CR-V's advanced suspension and braking systems are joined by a range of electronic systems designed to make driving both easier and safer.

Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) is an electronic stability control system that works in conjunction with the CR-V's Drive-by-Wire® throttle and its 4-channel ABS systems to assist the driver in maintaining control during accelerating, braking or cornering. VSA functions by applying brake force to one or more wheels independently while also engine torque managing the throttle, ignition and fuel systems to help the driver maintain their intended direction of travel. The driver can deactivate the VSA stability enhancement and traction-control functions via a switch on the instrument panel but ABS remains fully operational at all times.

Trailer Stability Assist (TSA) is fitted to all models in the CR-V range to enhance driver's safety when towing. The system is an enhancement of the Honda Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) system which detects when the trailer is starting to oscillate while being towed at speed.
    TSA utilises a combination of torque reduction and individual wheel braking to bring the car and trailer back under full control.

In addition to improving efficiency and optimising driver feedback, the Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS) provides important safety benefits. It works in conjunction with the VSA system to:

Stabilise Braking - Corrects the driver's steering input and assist driver to trace the curve to reduce vehicle instability when the driver is braking hard on road surfaces with different friction coefficients (such as a road that is only partially covered with dirt or snow)

Mitigates Understeer - Corrects the steering inputs to mitigate understeer and help the driver trace the curve
    Mitigates Oversteer - Corrects the steering inputs to mitigate oversteer and help the driver trace the curve

All new CR-V models are equipped with 4-wheel disc brakes (front ventilated discs and rear solid discs) for confident braking. The system incorporates 4-channel ABS, Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist as standard.
    The 4-channel ABS independently modulates braking power at each wheel to help the driver retain steering control during heavy braking. EBD automatically optimises braking force between the front and rear wheels, helping to minimise stopping distances. Brake Assist recognises emergency braking situations and applies added autonomous braking force when appropriate. It is supplemented by the Emergency Stop System (ESS), which automatically activates the brake and hazard warning lights (indicators) when it detects an emergency stop situation. The lights blink rapidly to warn following vehicles that the new CR-V is stopping abruptly, reducing the risk of a collision.

Developed in the car-to-car crash testing facility at Tochigi, the ACE™body structure is now a well-established weapon in Honda's safety armoury. Progressively introduced throughout the Honda range, it provides significantly enhanced occupant protection in a variety of real-world crash conditions. A front-mounted polygonal main frame is designed to prevent cabin deformation by distributing forces through multiple major load bearing pathways - and away from the passenger compartment. Additionally, ACE™ Body Structure helps to minimise the potential for under- or over-ride situations, this is particularly important where a frontal collision occurs between vehicles of differing heights, weights or frame construction.

The construction of the front of the new CR-V is designed to help absorb energy in the event of a collision with a pedestrian. Specific pedestrian injury mitigation features include:
    • An unobstructed area beneath the bonnet that allows greater space for deformation.
    • Windscreen wiper pivots designed to break away on impact
    • Energy absorbing front wing mounts and bonnet hinges 

Both the driver and front passenger are protected by advanced front airbags (SRS) that incorporate dual-stage and multiple-threshold activation technology. One or both of these airbags will be deployed only in the event of a frontal impact of sufficient force. If deployed, the airbags can be inflated at different rates depending on a number of factors including the severity of the crash and if the occupants are wearing their seatbelts. Like in other Honda vehicles, the driver's front airbag is located in the steering wheel and the passenger airbag is located on the top of the dashboard.
    The front passenger airbag can be deactivated to allow a rear facing child seat to be fitted.

All outboard seating positions include a side curtain airbag with rollover sensor system. The side curtain airbags deploy from modules in the roof in the event of a sufficient side impact, providing a significant level of head protection in the window area. In the unlikely event that the vehicle rolls over, a roll-rate sensor, along with multiple G force sensors determine the rate of roll and deploy the side curtain airbags accordingly. 

Honda uses three-point seatbelts in all seating positions in the new CR-V, the front seatbelts also have load limiting pretensioners. ISOFIX fittings ensure correct installation and provide secure child seat mounting points.
    For added confidence Honda also use an innovative seat belt reminder system for passengers. After the engine is started, a weight sensor detects whether the front passenger seat is occupied. If the driver or front passenger has not already fastened the seat belt, an icon in the cluster illuminates and a chime sounds as a reminder to do so.

The front seats of the new CR-V incorporate a whiplash mitigation system, which is designed to help mitigate the severity of neck injuries in the event of a rear impact.
    Slits in the urethane portion of the seat back, folds in the cushion spring and a rotating mechanism on the cushion spring combine to absorb the occupant's energy in the event of an accident, alleviating the risk of whiplash injuries.
    Honda's engineers have also worked tirelessly to provide a greater spring range in the seat design, providing a more even dispersal of impact forces in the event of a rear impact. For greater comfort the head restraints have been pushed back 9 mm compared to previous model.

The whiplash mitigation system work in conjunction with the CR-V's Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE™) body structure.
    • 4th generation model
    • Global model, sold in 160 countries with cumulative sales of over 5 million
    • Built in Europe since 2000
    The Honda CR-V was launched at the 1995 Tokyo Motor Show and instantly became a benchmark in the fledgling and fast growing small SUV sector. By mixing the practicality and versatility of an SUV with the driving convenience and dynamism of a smaller car, the CR-V set new standards and proved an instant hit with buyers when it went on sale in Europe in 1997. Such was the demand for the CR-V that production of the European version was switched to Honda’s UK plant in 2000, where it has remained ever since.

The 2nd generation CR-V, launched in 2001, was a significant evolution and succeeded in protecting and enhancing the model’s strengths while introducing greater performance and efficiency thanks to its 2.0 litre i-VTEC petrol engine.

Interior space for occupants and luggage was also improved and the ‘on demand’ Real Time Dual Pump 4WD system remained standard across the range. Honda’s highly acclaimed I-CTDI diesel engine was introduced to the CR-V line-up in 2005. It offered even greater efficiency and a torquey, relaxing driving experience.

In 2007 the third generation CR-V broadened the appeal of this small SUV still further. Lower, shorter and wider than its predecessors, it offered improved on-road dynamics without compromising practicality. Removing the spare wheel from the back door also allowed a vertically opening tailgate for the first time on a CR-V. In 2009 the range was freshened up with a number of detail changes and the new generation I-DTEC diesel engine was introduced, available for the first time with an automatic gearbox.

Practicality, refinement and quality remain core to the 4th generation of CR-V, while significant improvements in efficiency ensure lower running costs and fewer CO₂ emissions. Over five million CR-Vs have been sold across the world since its introduction in 1995. The CR-V is one of the world’s top-selling SUVs, sold in more than 160 countries throughout Europe.

Honda has created a Black Edition option pack that has been designed for black CR-V’s. This pack extends the black theme by complementing the Crystal Black bodywork and includes a front grille, tailgate spoiler, running boards, front and rear skid plates, and alloy wheels.

Like all of Honda’s accessories packs, every part has been engineered for a perfect fit with the lines and curves of the CR-V.

The front grille features a honeycombed pattern with shiny black surround, matching the car’s bodywork. To top the tail, the tailgate spoiler seamlessly extends the roof lines over the rear window. It lends an aerodynamic and sporty touch.
    Stylish running boards are smoothly integrated and make it easier to step in or out of your CR-V. Front and rear skid plates in shiny black garnish add elegant protection to the underside of the CR-V.

Both in Gunpowder Black finish, 2 possible alloy wheel designs – 18” Taurus or 19” Orion –complete the Black Edition look.

Next to the CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC, the Black Edition option pack fits to all CR-V grades and is set to go on sale in autumn 2013.

For more information on the full range of CR-V packs and single options, go to

CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC
    1.6 i-DTEC

Displacementcc (cm³)
    Bore × Strokemm
    76.0 x 88.0
    Compression ratio
    M/T Clutch type
    single plate dry, diaphragm spring
    Transmission type
    synchronized 6 speed forward, 1 reverse
    Gear ratios1st
    final reduction ratio
    Curb Weightkg
    1541 - 1600
    Maximum PowerkW/RPM
    Maximum TorqueNm/RPM
    Maximum Speedkm/h
    Acceleration secs.0 → 100 km/h
    0 → 400m
    60 – 100 km/h in 4th
    Fuel Consumption l/100kmUrban cycle
    Extra urban
    CO₂ g / km

AOCUK_CR-V_1 (9). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (8). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (7). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (5). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (4). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (2). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (12). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (11). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (10). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (6).
    AOCUK_CR-V_1 (8)-1. AOCUK_CR-V_1 (7)=1. AOCUK_CR-V_1 (6)-1. AOCUK_CR-V_1 (2)-1. AOCUK_CR-V_1 (1)-1. AOCUK_CR-V_1 (12)-1. AOCUK_CR-V_1 (11)-1. AOCUK_CR-V_1 (10).
    AOCUK_CR-V_1 (8). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (5). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (4). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (3). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (2). AOCUK_CR-V_1 (1).

Source Honda Europe.

Attached Files:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    bump to thread for 4th Generation CR-V owners.