Tyres & Wheels CR-V winter tyres

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by andymo, Sunday 2nd Dec, 2012.

1. andymo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Winter tyres fitted last Wednesday by Honda dealer nice (Pirrelli Scorpion snow & mud) they were a good price i was told £350 including fitting and balance for 4, what a difference,old ones were worn on the side walls which points to the wheels needing aligned,(this should improve my MPG see previous post) dealer was unable to do this, so getting this done elsewhere tomorrow Monday i forgot to ask the cost of this,any idea how much?.

Thanks,
    Andy.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Up your way Andy alignment should be between 50-90 pounds dependent on the machine used.

I would suggest four wheel alignment with a hunter machine is the best option.

3. andymo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that,congrats to you for a fantastic site a credit to you,l checked out your car plcs lovely motor,well looked after.

Andy.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks they don't looks that well at the mo, been up on the loft getting christmas things down when I should have been washing my cars:Blink:

My back is killing me,but one little girl is over the moon with the desecrations and that's more important I suppose..

Glad you like the site bud :Thumbup:

5. eastern Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi I'm new on this site, have juts bought a CR-V EX and I have heard that tyres can be a bit of a problem due to odd sizing. I have been looking around and had varying prices up to £700 and that's not fitted. I noticed you bought a set of Scorpions for £350 which seems very reasonable. How have they performed? I was wanting a tyre that would work well in the winter as well as summer so would be interested to know how you have got on with them. Thanks in advance, Nick