Introductions CR-X Del Sol owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JasonM39, Tuesday 14th Apr, 2015.

1. JasonM39 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom jason Leicester
    hey everyone. my names jason and im now the new and proud owner of a CR-X Del Sol. its a lovely and fantastic little car but I've a couple of problems with it. its a japanese import and the speedo doesnt work, the rev counter works but the needle on the mph gauge does not move. i have seen it move a couple of times but i don't know what is wrong with it. please could someone help with this issue.
    also the electric roof is a bit temperamental, the boot comes up but the metal bars do not come out to to take the roof off?? i live near basingstoke in a town called andover, does anyone know a honda authorized garage where i could get it fixed?
    oh one more thing, i do like the black on my car (shown in photo) but i was considering respraying it to a dark metallic red, do you think it would be worth it?

thanks for any help /advice

my del sol.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Jason :Hey:

I actually like it black looks quit mean.

If both speedo dial and milometer aren't working it kind of seems like the speed signal is not coming through.

Someone may have installed a kph to mph converter circuit to the speed sensor wiring coming from the gearbox. Something may have gone wrong with this. Check so see if there is such a device by following the wiring from the speed sensor on the gearbox towards the ECU.

Don't know much about motorised sunroofs but I would check to ensure the appropriate motor are running OK and see if they are getting any power.
    The problem here could be motors, wires, relays, switches. Sorry can't help much more on this one.

3. JasonM39 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks ill check the motor for the roof.
    and yes the speedo does have a kph to mph converter. i don't know much about the electrics in a car so i would defo need to take it to a garage.
    it does look nice in black, thanks

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Jason. :welcome:

I too like the black, but it's your car and the colour is up to you.

As for Honda dealers, just put your postcode in the link below and tick the facilities you need, to find those nearest to you.

Findashowroom | Cars | Honda (UK)

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Cool. Please do keep us posted as to how you get on with getting the issue resolved, cheers.

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi,
    Nice looking car. Can we assume you knew all the problems before you bought her and paid a (low) price?
    I'd keep her black.

7. JasonM39 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes i did know most of them, had to use sat nav to get accurate speed. ony done 64k miles and got it for £1'800. i think i got a good deal there. The main problems are just the speedo, electric roof and no horn. but it has had quite a few extras put on the car which im very happy with, as follows;
    18"rs5 lenzo alloys with toyo proxes tyers
    tenkai stainless steel exhaust
    decat pipe
    dc sports short ram air intake
    mugen cone air filter
    lowered 40mm on springs
    cobra alarm and immobiliser
    VTEC controller
    kingdom developments body kit
    resprayed lotus black
    red and clear tail lights
    raid steering wheel
    new brake calipers
    new rear brake discs and pads
    new handbrake cable and service
    so yes very happy with price
    - - - Updated - - -
    thanks thats a real help

8. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Welcome.

I love Del Sol's. Had a few SiR's back in the day.

Go see Tom @ TGM Sport in Fleet, not far from you (I used to live in Odiham) he should be able to solve all your issues and also assist where needed regarding the paintwork. His brother Willie does a lot of race cars, I believe they also do the Overfinch Range Rovers on contract and they did my DC2

9. JasonM39 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ah sweet thanks for the info

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma