General CR-X Del-Sol reborn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samantha, Thursday 19th Mar, 2015.

1. Samantha Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finally, after sooo long on a SORN, I decided it was time to get my beloved CR-X back on the road.

Car cover came off and to my horror I discovered that the Halfords cover had deteriorated and just gone to bit leaving bits all over my car. It has perhaps caused more harm than if I had just left the car with no cover.

So, I gave her a wash just so she didn't look so horribly neglected. Then I rang a local garage.... "Hi, my car needs a service, check over and MOT - it hasn't moved since 2012!"
    So off it goes and I leave it with them. I already know that the battery is in need of replacing, and when I moved the wipers, the rubber had perished so much, they fell off - so new wipers needed.

Let me know what else is needed and fingers crossed not too much.

Next day, they ring me up. "Needed new battery, new wipers, and it just flew through the MOT - ready to collect" :Smile:

Not bad for a 21yr old car that has barely moved in 3yrs :Happy:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's superb going.

Would be worth changing all the fluids though, engine oil, coolant, gearbox, brake fluid etc

3. Samantha Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Did all that with the service I asked them to do.
    - - - Updated - - -
    It feels superb - only prob I am having is re-taxing without a remainder - tried inputing my V5C number and reg number and not recognising it - so going to have to go to the PO tomorrow.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    All ready to go then bar the Road Tax :Smile:

5. Samantha Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep - Annoyingly, I put my reg number in the DVLA site and it comes back with all the correct details, showing that it has MOT and is on SORN. But put same details in to Tax it - suddenly it can't find my vehicle <roll eyes>
    I want to go play!!!

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

'Computer say no' :brickwall: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Still, it's great to know she sailed through with only a few things to do.
    I'm looking forward to some new shots of her. :Photographer:

7. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Good stuff enjoy getting it back moving, at least the problems with road tax proves that it is universally obnoxious in any case. I had problems here when I imported the new car, payed the VRT, got the NCT went to tax and it wasn't on the system, they wouldn't release the registration papers without the road tax and wouldn't tax the car until I had the registration papers... unless the computer said yes. Have fun once its legal.

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Good job, old Honda's are made of just pure awesomeness! :neo:

SpeedyGee likes this.