Body, Paint & Styling Creaking seat

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordCU2, Sunday 7th Oct, 2012.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Every time i sit in my car or move around while sitting actual seat creaks/squeaks(upper part of the seat)
    Anyone else experienced this or is it just my fat arse?:lol:
    Car is still under warranty,is there any point in asking Honda to look at this or will they tell me to lose weight?:telloff::lol:

Last edited: Sunday 7th Oct, 2012
  2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine does that sometimes as well. Thought it was maybe to do with the lumbar support as it seems to go away when I turn the lumbar right down. Often it doesn't do it at all.

Mine's only got a month left on warranty but needs a service/MOT before that so will ask them to look at it.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers John
    I have service and MOT on Friday.
    I'll ask but won't hold my breath to be replaced under warranty.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Been trawling internet and other forums and it seems few people had the same issue.
    Will see on Friday what Honda has to say,keep you posted John.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It common on the 7th Generation too bud. It the foam which gets hard and starts to creak to keep the foam soft park the car in shaded spots.

My tourer have light cream grey lathers and they don't absorb heat as much as the black one :Wink:

6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine's booked in on Thursday. A2 service, MOT and possibly 4 new tyres... Expensive week possibly! In a way it's good to hear there is a cause of this other than the pies!:lol: Was wondering if it was just cos I'm too heavy! The dealer is spot on they're going to have a good look at it also there's a muted knocking seems to be coming from the front nearside suspension but it's very intermittent and only at slow speeds (less than 25 - 30MPH) and only when the road surface is asking a lot from the suspension - which often happens on Northumberland and Newcastle roads! Sounds like a suspension bushing (to my not-at-all-expert ears anyway). See what happens on Thursday.

Cheers.

Last edited: Monday 8th Oct, 2012
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just got mine back from the local Honda Civic dealer (see later):Unknown:. Good news passed MOT with flying colours -didn't expect anything else really. They said the tyres have some life left in them but to keep an eye on them and they'll check them in a month for me if I want. A2 service carried out too and full wash and valet, excellent service as usual :GoodJob:. The seat did not creak on the way there this morning and hasn't since either and therefore, understandably, they couldn't find a problem but they've had a good look. This is the usual with mine the creaking may not happen for months. They gave the front suspension a thorough checking and can't see anything a miss - nothing loose, no cracked bushes so can't find an explanation. There were no symptoms on the way home either. again, this might not occur for a while. Understandably so if the issue isn't apparent at the time how can it be diagnosed? Fair enough these type of things are erratic and you can bet they'll never materialise when the car is at the garage. I'll keep an eye on things but I'm pleased with the service today. Honda dealers are the best!

One thing I found unbelievable was that including mine there were only 2 Accords at the place that I could see anyway. They had a brand new I-DTEC with delivery miles on special offer £19,999 think it was. Had a look at it it was ES or ES GT had the GT kit on 17" wheels but looked like cloth upholstery. Would've been tempted if it was EX and petrol :vtec:The sales manager came over to speak to me when I dropped mine off so I asked if he'd heard anything about the Accord being discontinued. He looked surprised and said he'd heard nothing.

I'm starting to think there is something going on. I'm not blaming my dealer in any way. They've always been spot on as far as I'm concerned. Excellent. I'm starting to wonder if higher up the chain in Honda UK if there is a concerted effort to stamp the Accord out of existence. Would be fairly easy to strong arm the dealers onto the side of Honda UK really.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for the update John
    I got B service and MOT tomorrow,will see what happens.
    Glad everything OK with your car.
    Its Honda,what else can be expected but to sail through MOT.

9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No problem. Hope everything is OK with your car tomorrow. Like you say it will be - it's a Honda.
    I've now got 10,000miles before my next service which will be B service. Only had about 2,700miles from last service til today's which has been about right.

Let me know what they say about the creaking seat. Interested to know if it disappears for a while at random like mine does.

Still disappointed it was mainly Civics (not that there's anything wrong with Civics) in the showroom today. Would've been encouraging to see a few more Accords unless of course they're running 8th Gens right down to make room for a massive assualt on the market with the 9th Generation:Hooray:. Hey you never know - there was no sign of the new CR-V either. (One CR-Z an Insight and a couple of Jazz.)

Cheers!

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just got back home from Stoke and creaking seat is sorted.
    Lads at HH greased some metal(forgot what exactly) inside the seat and is gone sorted.
    Car also passed MOT with no advisories.
    I just love HH and their attitude.Arrived in the morning and spoke to Steve,explained exactly what i would like to be done and collected courtesy car and was on my way.
    Came back in the afternoon and everything was done as i asked,no hidden charges or trying to fleece few more pennies out of you like some other dealers i used.
    Superb ,Thanks HH.

Ichiban and Ichiban like this.
  11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Glad it's sorted mate. Yes Honda dealers are spot on. Just honest, top rank service. Yesterday when mine was in they could've tried to convince me to change all 4 tyres but they said they were ok for now. Many main dealers and independents would've tried to talk me into getting new tyres there and then. Really it's the best way. They've secured more longer term work by being honest. Don't even mind paying extra (not that I think I am their prices are spot on) as it's top class service and they're 100% honest. :GoodJob: I go to Springfield Honda at Silverlink in Newcastle. Excellent dealership! Also had the car in their accident repair centre at Washington for some minor repairs to the offside rear quarter panel last week. Excellent job and yet again a good price. You cannot tell it's been repaired. It's as good as the day it left the factory.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Need to have chat with HH to see what was this area they lubricated so we can all do a bit of lubrication ourselves. :Whistle:

Welcome to HH they never fail to deliver excellent service.

13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Unfortunately creaking is back again.
    I think i will ask Honda to replace the whole seat under warranty,i will ring HH and ask them to put claim in for me.

14. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Pity...I remember beefy saying this about the clutch master cylinder, that lube might work for a while but ultimately the only cure is a replacement, which makes 100% if in reality the part is the issue, after all 2 or 3 year old seats shouldn't creak.

15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Agree,i know i am on heavy side but it shouldnt be doing it.
    I can only ask them to change it under warranty,if they refuse then i will have to put up with it.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Gutted !!

At times at wish the Honda warranty system was that easy they will want to test it thoroughly before going down the road of whole seat replacement.. trust me.

17. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

All I could do is ask politely then its up to them to decide.
    What else I can do?

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yeah speak to HH they may want to see it again to start the procedure.

19. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Spoke to Steve already,he is waiting for phone call from Honda whether it will be approved or not.Steve will give me a ring soon as he hear back from them.

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :Hooray: champion.