Daily Driver Cred's Accord CU3

8th Generation (2008-2015) vehicle added by cred, Thursday 27th Mar, 2014

1. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
  2. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    This is a little bit of repeat but wanted to consolidate my earlier posts on my car page for single place of reference:
    • Service done on 31/1/14 by Maidenhead Honda.
    • New wipers fitted on 8/2/14

Bucket list:
    • Window tints
    • Change brake/clutch/transmission fluids
    • Change coolant
    • Deal with the dent/rust on rocker panel (or whatever its called)
    • Wrap interior panels (not a big fan of the stock finish around gear lever/cup holders)
    • Drive more

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Like the last task on the list! :Happy:Life too short not to go for long drives and enjoy the ride.

4. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Got some pictures from a recent leisure trip across to the continent:

IMG_8735_zpsc1c0e467.

IMG_8763_zps70e45bef.

IMG_8817_zps088eaf2b.

DeviateDefiant, SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I love the Tunnel.
    Brings silly grin to my face every time the arrowhead jumps from Folkstone to Calais. :Grin:

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

That second 'photo...how sad is it that all I can think of is 'Allo 'Allo :Rolf:

'Allo'Allo.

cred likes this.
  7. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    I recently went on a little shopping spree at a local Honda garage and look what I bought:

318281E7-6F8B-4EDA-BEBF-C6F8D9A49486_zpsejq3g24o.

After being extremely tempted to get the forum oil offer, I decided to go with the trusted Castrol, which I got at an amazing price of £35 for 7x 1 litre bottles (eBay).

By the way, the dealership wanted me to buy Wurth DOT 4 but I insisted on Honda (about 2.5 times more expensive) and they were happy to oblige. Got my trusted garage to change the oil and filters (oil, air, fuel, pollen) as well as the rear brake pads. I was surprised to see Honda brake pads came with copper grease (I don't know if others do as well) along with an instruction manual.

Brake & clutch fluids were bled and replaced (thanks @Ichiban for the correct bleed sequence) and fuel filter was replaced thanks to the guide from @deeno1975. Lastly, sailed through MOT with no issues/advisories to report.

Oh and I noticed Honda has cleverly got another hole for the bonnet stand to allow better access during service routines.

Despite having trust in my garage, in the back of my mind I do think Holdcroft technicians would have done a slightly better job but the trade off in cost as well as the distance was just too much for me.

DeviateDefiant and Ichiban like this.