Electrical & Lights cree led conversion kit

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by rhinogolf, Saturday 15th Feb, 2014.

1. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Has any member had the cree led conversion kit but in their car, I'm having big trouble with my dipped beam bulbs blowing so today I've purchased a HID kit ( I no before you say these are illegal but I have projector lens so should be OK) Im now wishing I'd purchased the cree led kit, didn't no about these until this evening apparently these will last the life of the car,
    Back to my problem only the dipped beam blowing I also had this problem on my 7th Generation and never got to the bottom of that but could change bulbs myself not a chance on 8thgen I use my lights every night and are constantly turned on and off any ideas on them blowing and why had same problem on 7th Generation

2. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Check the bulbs are mounted properly and not rattling about in the holes

Check the connectors are tight fitting and not loose enough to pull off easily

I was having massive issues with my dip beams, thought expensive bulbs would cure it, it didnt, tried an HID kit - that turned out to be as much use as t*ts on fish (yes I am already aware you city slickers have no issue with HID kits, but go try driving in the countryside for a while to see how bad they are) until i ended up putting good bulbs in, re-bending the retaining spring and gently squeezed the female spade connectors together to cause a very tight grip on the bulb connection and earth of the lamp unit.

Haven't had a single bulb issue since.

3. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    mate the amount of bulbs I went through on the 7th Generation I've tried everything fuses, etc , 8th Generation slightly better had on diagnostic when serviced ( or so they said) no faults might ask cj to check.
    That's why going down HID route, but the Led conversion kit has really got my attention I can't recall ever seen a vehicle with LED bulbs with a dipped beam out.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bulbs popping means there is an underlying issue mate.. You need to get to the bottom of it otherwise you will continue replacing bulbs all day long. If the engine running well no misfires stuttering etc?

5. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've lost count on how many bulbs I've put in !!!! Real problem i think that honda hasnt addressed !!!

6. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Engine running fine, lots of taxis in York now are Honda's and its amazing how many have a dipped bulb out.

7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My 7th Generation has just blown another one 45mins into my journey to work this morning :Frown: Sick of it now never changed so many headlight bulbs in my life! It's just another nail in the Accords coffin the way I feel at the moment!

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why is it the diesel just love blowing their bulbs this does not happen on the petrol cars.

9. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

CJ that is your mission for this week find out why.... Lol

10. damtom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Damien
    My 7th Generation diesel (56 reg) did not blow ANY bulb since 2009(since I bought it). I was very surprised. To compare with my previous car (rover 75) where front bulbs was changed every 6 weeks, honda(diesel) has superior electric system.

11. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    Iv got HIDs and led bulbs never had one go yet