Official Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Confirmed for 2015

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Honda World News, Tuesday 12th May, 2015.

1. Honda World News Auto-Generated News Feed

Honda announced the return of one of motorcycling's most celebrated and evocative names - the Africa Twin - slated to be in dealers across Europe in late 2015.

Source: Honda World News

54896_2015_CRF1000L_Africa_Twin. 54980_CRF1000L_Africa_Twin.

2. Honda US News Auto-Generated News Feed

Honda is delighted to announce the return of one of motorcycling's most celebrated and evocative names—the Africa Twin. Having clearly shown the direction of its development and intent with the reveal of the True Adventure prototype at EICMA in November 2014, American Honda can now confirm that the all-new CRF1000L Africa Twin will be in U.S. dealers early next year. Some motorcycles encapsulate perfectly what an adventure motorcycle is all about. The original XRV650 Africa Twin—whic... 1S0jOzWDHZw.

Source: Honda World News

3. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Not my sort of thing but looks good.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have always loved the Africa Twin form the 80's, won't mind this one for the weekends, but won't replace it for any sports bike.

Busa1340r and Bones126 like this.
  5. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Might calm me down, if I could get on it :-/ Need something more relaxed if and when I return to the roads.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It will have the thumper sound to it if you get a decent can on it and you may be surprised it could be rapid. I can relive my motocross days which weren't anything to write home about I was eating more dust than catching air off jumps.

Bones126 likes this.
  7. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    I'm sure it will be rapid enough :Smile: being a short arse myself all these types of bike are too big for me, so would need stabilisers for the traffic lights lol

I though that was what MX was all about CJ, always looked too much like hard work to me and too painful for my liking :Tongue:

8. Busa1340r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yate
    Much prefer the old model from the late eighties/early nineties, they had a much more robust and purposeful look to them.
    Haven't owned one, but have owned it's smaller cousins.....an '89 Dominator and a '90 Transalp.