Electrical & Lights Cruise control & spare key question

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Phil1978, Monday 25th Nov, 2013.

1. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    I've done some searches for the following questions but was unable to find an answer.

How difficult and costly is it to get cruise control in my car, the buttons are there on the steering wheel so is it just a case of getting it programmed in?

Secondly, roughly how expensive are new keys?

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cruise control & spare key question

Anything is possible but too much hassle mate.

Give HH a ring about the keys.

3. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Cheers mate, now I've asked the question a link to an old thread about cruise control pops up, typical. If it's that much hassle I'll definitely be giving it a miss.

I'm waiting to hear back from HH so I'll enquire then.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    A new genuine key from a Honda dealer with programming runs around £200, no kidding. You're best off grabbing a complete replica key from eBay (about £30-40), getting a decent locksmith to cut it (read my woes here) then just getting the programming done at the dealer (£40-60).

Do you not actually have cruise control then? If you've got the buttons on your steering wheel, it should just be a case of pushing the button in, then hitting the set button while cruising and taking your foot off the accelerator, you'll see the light come up on your dash. I'd have thought your Exec would have it, can anyone shed light on what models do?

Last edited: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  5. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    To be honest I've not actually read up how to use the cruise control yet :Blushing: I just pressed the one button which did bring a light on but no cruise control. I really should read through the owners manual and see how my car works properly. I'll try what you said tomorrow.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

You have cruise control then, if once you have the "Cruise" button on and then press the "Decel/Set" button it doesn't hold your revs and take over, the clutch pedal would be the next thing to look at.

7. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Got the cruise control to work :Hooray: after a few failed attempts I had a read through the manual where it says you must be doing 40mph or above, I'd been trying it around my local roads.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Great news :Thumbup:

I'd be sure I've set mine at 20 before. Wonder if I'm imagining things, or if perhaps that only came in on later models?

9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cruise control & spare key question

Think mines around 24mph.

10. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Re: Cruise control & spare key question

She's only a 2003, now I know what I'm doing I'll try again at some lower speeds, it get a bit annoying at this time of year, I rarely see daylight when I'm working, now I have four days off to tinker and play :Grin:

- - - Updated - - -

After further playing mine does start working in the mid 20s, so the manual lied to me.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Good to hear, I thought that was the case.